Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why didn't Michael include ABC as part of J5 Medley on his tours?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,236 Posts

Default Re: Why didn't Michael include ABC as part of J5 Medley on his tours?

Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    I never said it was Michael's fault he injured himself, these things happen to people. And it was the lip syncing that bothered me about the performance, not Michael sitting down the entire time. If he couldn't dance properly then he should have sung live. Or at the very least performed some live adlibs.

And I don't know what to say about the whole wheelchair thing, because I don't know how you came to the conclusion that my post could be seen as offensive to people in wheelchairs.
    it was lip singing?

and yes that's is offensive if you look at a different point of view.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,818 Times in 2,816 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    I mean, he did choose to include “In the Closet” on the HIStory tour set list... right after “Scream” and “They Don’t Care About Us.” He also did “Don’t Stop ‘til You Get Enough” and “Off the Wall” (as part of a medley) for the first time since 1981. Anything’s possible.
    Off The Wall was performed in 1987.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 Times in 1,892 Posts

Off The Wall was performed in 1987.
    I have no idea how I didn’t remember that 😂 thanks for the correction!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nite Line View Post
    This argument that Michael only performed his biggest hits because that’s what fans wanted to hear isn’t a valid reason. If that was the case, why wasn’t Remember The Time performed at the Dangerous Tour, as it was one of the biggest hits from Dangerous.
    It has been suggested that Michael Jackson dropped ‘Remember The Time’ from the Dangerous Tour for fear of twisting his ankle while performing the song on stage (and thus avoiding possible cancellations of the remaining tour’s dates).

The dance routines of that song are very risky for the ankles.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzball View Post
    Well, History's initial set list had some interesting aspects

I doubt this was the actual running order (ending the show with SOOML and 2 Bad would be... interesting), but there’s a lot of promise here. Far better choices than what he ultimately went with.
    I doubt that this was even an actual set list of the ‘HIStory’ tour.

For example, ‘She's Out Of My Life’ and ‘You Are Not Alone’ could not co-exist in the same set list of the tour, because Michael Jackson was meant to call a girl on stage only one time, and not two times.

If he couldn't perform the song properly because of an injury then the soul train award performance of RTT should have been cancelled.
    But that is what made that performance memorable in a way, to perform the song in a wheelchair.

He also got a bigger media exposure because of that, which was good for him and for the sales of the ‘Dangerous’ album.

Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,861 Times in 1,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    it was lip singing?

and yes that's is offensive if you look at a different point of view.
    Nothing what he said is offensive...
    All he said was "It's embarrassing when you sit down while a performance and don't sing live"...
    What the heck has this to do with people who generally sit in a wheelchair? nothing...
    And also people who sit in wheelchairs should be treaten as normal people...
    So if you always be careful what you say about them they will always feel like "different from the normal people"..
    If you want them to feel normal (what they are) then treat them like you treat people without a wheelchair.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kai For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    But that is what made that performance memorable in a way, to perform the song in a wheelchair.
    He didn't perform in a wheelchair, it was an ordinary chair

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michaels Lover For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzball View Post
    Well, History's initial set list had some interesting aspects

Maybe the last few songs (WYBT - 2 Bad) are ''additional material'' like on the This Is It set list that Jonathan posted.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 734 Posts

I mean, he did choose to include “In the Closet” on the HIStory tour set list... right after “Scream” and “They Don’t Care About Us.” He also did “Don’t Stop ‘til You Get Enough” and “Off the Wall” (as part of a medley) for the first time since 1981. Anything’s possible.

Edit: OTW was performed in ‘87. *insert embarrassed grin here*
    True, but those songs were all Michael songs and with the exception of ITC, he had previously performed all of those songs live. Given how predictable Michael was with his set lists, I very much doubt that he was going to perform State of Shock, a Jacksons song that he had never performed previously live.

Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,818 Times in 2,816 Posts

I wonder why Rock With You was dropped from the Dangerous tour setlist. He did rehearse it, and it would have came right after the Jackson 5 Medley. I''m guessing that there wasn't enough time to put it into the shows.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

If he couldn't perform the song properly because of an injury then the soul train award performance of RTT should have been cancelled. Or it should have at least been sung live. Lip syncing with no microphone while sitting down the entire time is embarrassing.

But maybe Michael did want to cancel the performance, but it was too late for him to do that?
    Lip sync is almost always sung on television, especially in those years. This is a technical feature of staging such shows.

This is not a solo concert on tour.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 734 Posts

I wonder if Michael had performed RTT at the Dangerous Tour, would he have lip synced it or sung it live? The safe bet is that he probably would have lip synced it, as that was the norm for him for all of his post 80s song.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

It has been suggested that Michael Jackson dropped ‘Remember The Time’ from the Dangerous Tour for fear of twisting his ankle while performing the song on stage (and thus avoiding possible cancellations of the remaining tour’s dates).

really?

He also got a bigger media exposure because of that, which was good for him and for the sales of the ‘Dangerous’ album.
    amen frenzy. i thought it was awesome performance.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    Nothing what he said is offensive...
    All he said was "It's embarrassing when you sit down while a performance and don't sing live"...
    What the heck has this to do with people who generally sit in a wheelchair? nothing...
    And also people who sit in wheelchairs should be treaten as normal people...
    So if you always be careful what you say about them they will always feel like "different from the normal people"..
    If you want them to feel normal (what they are) then treat them like you treat people without a wheelchair.
    it's not michael fault he broke his foot. in my opinion i love his performance at the soul train awards. also that's of rude to say, imagine if someone in a wheelchair couldn't perform standing up but was a great singer. be very careful what you say to people because you don't know them personally. i'm not in a wheelchair but pretty sure that would offend someone who is in the fan community.

Last edited by NatureCriminal7896; 26-02-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Remember The Time was not performed on the tour because Michael wasn't fully satisfied with the production, according to Kevin Dorsey.

Kevin Dorsey has confirmed that Michael would drop both RTT and sometimes even CLHGA in the set list in certain cities on the tour. This is why we have footage of the dancers rehearsing Remember The Time in Bucharest.

He has also stated this (about Remember The Time): ''And I always felt that he was trying to work something out and make something work in that, but there was something about Remember The Time that just never settled in with Mike...and he tried to make it work.''

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

michael did can't let her get away? i'm not dangerous era fan so i probably miss it.