Thread: Hayvenhurst Rebuild Timeline.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%

Level
    Thanks

Default Hayvenhurst Rebuild Timeline.

I have always had an interest in Hayvenhurst. Im aware they finished the rebuild in 1983 and it started in 1981. Does anybody know the months in 1983 and 1981 that construction was finished and construction started?

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 Times in 1,892 Posts

Default Re: Hayvenhurst Rebuild Timeline.

I could swear the restoration took place from spring to summer 1985, which is partially why MJ was recording BAD demos at a variety of studios across LA. Does anyone else know more?

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I can't really help although I always like to see (or hear) things from these two big real estate projects (I mean Hayvenhust and Neverland).

But do you mean that Michael recorded Thriller while his whole house was being rebuilt? I personally just can't focus on a single thing when my house is under works :-)

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Accord to this article in French, "Michael decided to refresh the house in 1983"... but then they show "Plans for the future house in 1982" ... I don't think they more chronology detail so that's confusing:

(Edit: Ok well, I was looking for the link I posted earlier, which had relevant info for this thread but got removed because of "Promotion policy violation.")
    Last edited by Maxym; 07-03-2021 at 03:20 AM.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    I could swear the restoration took place from spring to summer 1985, which is partially why MJ was recording BAD demos at a variety of studios across LA. Does anyone else know more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxym View Post
    Accord to this article in French, "Michael decided to refresh the house in 1983"... but then they show "Plans for the future house in 1982" ... I don't think they more chronology detail so that's confusing:

(Edit: Ok well, I was looking for the link I posted earlier, which had relevant info for this thread but got removed because of "Promotion policy violation.")
    Joseph Jackson sold half of the Hayvenhurst estate to his son Michael Jackson in early 1981 (Joseph Jackson and Katherine Jackson retained, each of them, 25 per cent of the estate).

Later, in the same year, Joseph Jackson sold also his remaining 25 per cent to Michael Jackson (so, Michael Jackson had 75 per cent, his mother 25 per cent and his father had no per cent at all).

When Michael Jackson acquired the 75 per cent in 1981, he immediately demolished the entire Hayvenhurst estate in order to rebuild a new one.

He wanted to rebuild it in a different way and as soon as possible because, as author John Randy Taraborrelli explained, the singer wanted to erase all these bad, childhood memories that the old Hayvenhurst estate reminded to him.

The rebuilding took two years to finish (1981-1983).

In 1984, when James DeBarge (the then-husband of Janet Jackson) stayed for some time in the Hayvenhurst estate, the estate was already in its new, renovated form.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mj_frenzy For This Useful Post: