Has Wanna Be Startin Somethin ever been performed in it's entirety?

analogue

Proud Member
Everytime Michael performed that song he always skipped the middle verse, or on some very rare exceptions he'd skip the final verse and sing the middle verse instead. But has there ever been a time where he performed the whole song in it's entirety? If it did happen I'm guessing it would have been on the Victory Tour

As far as I know,Michael never performed WBSS in full. Even on the Victory Tour he was singing it without the second verse intact and sang it that way for every consecutive tour after that point. He was singing the second verse in This Is It but I'm pretty positive he may have been mixing up the second and third verses in that particular vocal take and they used it in the movie.

Yes! As far as I've seen his WBSS performances he did the full version in every tour.
He didn't sing the 3rd verse "Billie Jean is always talkin' when nobody else is talkin'
Tellin' lies and rubbin' shoulders
So they called her mouth a motor
Someone's always tryin' to start my baby cryin'
Talkin', squealin', spyin'
Sayin' you just wanna be startin' somethin'"

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

He didn't sing the 3rd verse "Billie Jean is always talkin' when nobody else is talkin'

You're right, funny enough Mike sung that verse during the This Is It rehearsals. It took me by surprise when I heard it in the cinema

He almost always sang the 3rd verse. The 2nd verse:

''You love to pretend that you're good
When you're always up to no good
You really can't make him hate her
So your tongue became a razor
Someone's always tryin'
To keep my baby cryin'
Treacherous, cunnin', declinin'
You got my baby cryin' (Hee)''
was the one he sang on rare occasions. He did, for example, during one of the MSG 1988 shows.

He almost always sang the 3rd verse. The 2nd verse:

was the one he sang on rare occasions. He did, for example, during one of the MSG 1988 shows.
Lmao I don't think that was on purpose

Back