(2022). Fans found digital certifications equal to 50 Million new sales, the MJJEstate was informed of this, and only certified half

Is there a way the above link can be seen without an X / Twitter account?

Sounds odd that they would only certify half of these sales? Are they gonna save the other for a rainy day or something?

How legit is this? I don't remember this info creating much waves within the MJ community or have I just missed all the discussion?

Sounds odd that they would only certify half of these sales? Are they gonna save the other for a rainy day or something?

How legit is this? I don't remember this info creating much waves within the MJ community or have I just missed all the discussion?
Per Wikipedia, his certifications were 246 million the date of the first tweet, by the date of the second tweet it was 276.6 which represents a increase of 29 million. Today it's only at 284.8, so yes he's on the money. If they actually certified all of his sales he would have had 295.5 million by october 2022. If you include the 10 million certifications missing in Brazil which were directly mentioned to Sony Brazil it bumps it up to 305 million

(2022). Fans found digital certifications equal to 50 Million new sales, the MJJEstate was informed of this, and only certified half
what do you expect? they put jason malachi on a MJ album.

Wrong, the Record company has to request them to be updated. It's up to the record companies to request certifications. He's also missing millions in Canada and other countries
Correct, but it’s up to the RIAA to successfully update them, which they are historically slow to do.

Come on, guys. There are some wild conspiracy theories out there, but in a field led by commercial standing and success, and with an estate as financially focused as MJ’s, are we seriously conspiring that they don’t want all of his certifications given?

Back