Album: Head To Head: The Jacksons vs Goin Places

filmandmusic

Proud Member
Pick your fave head to head song, best way is too bold your fave so we can all see easily. Since The Jacksons album had 10 songs and the follow up just 9 I included Ease on down the road to complete the match ups. For me The 1976 album is clearly the winner

Enjoy YourselfMusic's Takin' Over
Think Happy
Goin' Places
Good Times
Different Kind of Lady
Keep On Dancing
Even Though You're Gone
Blues Away
Jump for Joy
Show You The Way To Go
Heaven Knows I Love You Girl
Living Together
Man of War
Strength Of One Man
Do What You Wanna
Dreamer
Find Me a Girl
Style Of LifeEase On Down The Road

Yeah I'll take The Jacksons over Goin Places by a hair. But it's pretty tight.

Strength of One Man vs Do What You Wanna is an INSANE matchup.

Pretty good and I agree with most but....

I personally would pick Man of War over Living Together and also Dreamer over Find me a girl

🙂

I have to say it looks like goin places is a poor album but it isn’t. The match ups just happen to be in favour of the “the jacksons” tracks.

It was pretty hard picking a winner in most cases for me

@wendijane
What do you think of heaven knows I love you girl? It was a song I used to really dislike most of all because of the corny title but while making this thread and listening to some of the albums’ songs it clicked with me. Michael sounds so fresh here, it’s kind of a lazy Sunday afternoon vocal.
I could do without Tito’s spoken part though, kind of ruins the song for me.

Enjoy YourselfMusic's Takin' Over
Think Happy
Goin' Places
Good Times
Different Kind of Lady
Keep On Dancing
Even Though You're Gone
Blues Away
Jump for Joy
Show You The Way To Go
Heaven Knows I Love You Girl
Living Together
Man of War
Strength Of One Man
Do What You Wanna
Dreamer
Find Me a Girl
Style Of LifeEase On Down The Road😂

@wendijane
What do you think of heaven knows I love you girl? It was a song I used to really dislike most of all because of the corny title but while making this thread and listening to some of the albums’ songs it clicked with me. Michael sounds so fresh here, it’s kind of a lazy Sunday afternoon vocal.
It's a beautiful wedding tune. Hi I'm Wendy.

This is a really tough one. They both seem equally good. Even Though You're Gone and Man of War are gems, but so are Dreamer and Blues Away. I couldn't choose I think

Right anyway .... 🤣 No. haha
@wendijane

Different Kind of Lady .. Even though You've Gone. .Find me a Girl....

Music Takin Over is groovy. Jump for Joy reminds me of What A Lovely Way To Go. But I am there for this album because of Man of War, The cover art is pretty timeless too. It is a cool,original picture to me.
Dude! i cannot believe you asked me about Heaven Knows I love You Girl with the 'Tito's spoken part' :LOL: When you know I would prefer Do What You Wanna !🤣

Music Takin Over is groovy. Jump for Joy reminds me of What A Lovely Way To Go. But I am there for this album because of Man of War, The cover art is pretty timeless too. It is a cool,original picture to me.
Dude! i cannot believe you asked me about Heaven Knows I love You Girl with the 'Tito's spoken part' :LOL: When you know I would prefer Do What You Wanna !🤣
How would I know what you like Wendijane. I’m not Nostradamus!

Back