Any Black Sabbath fans in the house?

MattyJam

Guests
I just recently bought Ozzy's The Ozzan Cometh album, mainly because I discovered the awesome Mr Crowley on Youtube a few weeks ago and fell in love with it.

I'm obsessed with War Pigs, powerful doom-and-gloom stuff. I've tried doing a bit of research on their back catalogue but it's difficult to know where to start.

Any recommendations?

I like Iron Man but that's about it. The rest of their songs don't really do anything for me.

Black Sabbath

Ozzy has a new song called Let Me Hear You Scream. It's pretty good if you like 1980's rock. As far as Black Sabbath is concerned, I like a song called Symptom Of The Universe. I don't know anything about the Ronnie Dio led version, though. I've just heard some of the music from the original lineup.

I don't know many of their songs if I'm honest.
However I do like their song "Paranoid".
I like the lyrics and Ozzy's voice and the music go great together to get the message across.

I was looking at CDs at Target the other day, and all these albums put out by young pop singers had parental advisory stickers on them and Ozzy Ozzbourne's was one of the only CDs that didn't. Cold day in hell that was.

Mr Crowley haha love that song! they have some good songs, cant say I'm a big fan though. Don't know all their songs and albums ;)
anyone going to ozzfest?

I just bought the "Paranoid" album when I was in London looking forward to listening to it but my fave Black Sabbath song is Children Of The Graves or Changes I can't chose between the two.

I just recently bought Ozzy's The Ozzan Cometh album, mainly because I discovered the awesome Mr Crowley on Youtube a few weeks ago and fell in love with it.

I'm obsessed with War Pigs, powerful doom-and-gloom stuff. I've tried doing a bit of research on their back catalogue but it's difficult to know where to start.

Any recommendations?

I absolutely "love" the Oz/Black Sabbath...my recommendation would be any compositions is a plus...

As Always

:angel:

If anybody really wanna get into Black Sabbath then their first two albums are must have..They contain their most powerful work ever with the songs like "Black Sabbath,N.I.B,The Wizard,Ironman,War Pigs,Paranoid".But ya there are many more from Black Sabbath like Sabbath Bloody Sabbath,Dirty Women and some unusual songs like "It's Alright,Changes and Solitude" which you wouldn't expect from Black Sabbath..But ya if you're new to them then please never ever listen to Ronnie singing Black Sabbath original line up's songs.He ruined them all the times,it was just Ozzy's voice which really made an impact..Original Sabbath rules not the Dio verion.But first listen to their first 2 albums cuz after that only your ears will get used to their monstrous sound..:cheeky:

For me Black Sabbath = Ozzy,Toni,Geezer and Bill.

Black Sabbath is a great group! As far as the Ozzy Period albums go Paranoid and Master of Reality stand out the most - really heavy stuff. The later Ozzy ones from volume 4 to never say die arent as heavy and dont seem to be of as consistent quality though there are certainly stand out songs. Im actually a pretty big fan of the Dio era Sabbath albums - Heaven and Hell in particular is probably the heaviest one since the early days.

Ive seen the group play live a few times- a bunch of times with Ozzy and once with Dio. I can say that at least with live performances the show with Dio was definitely the best; his showmanship and vocals were top notch. Its a shame that his work with Black Sabbath is so slept on - especially since he passed away a few months back.

I hate Dio singing any of Ozzy's songs especially Ironman..Man he sings it too bad Im sure even Ozzy feels ashamed that he sang tht song originally..lol Let's face it when Ozzy says IM IRONMAN when Tony first hit the strings its like WOW thts amazing. And when DIo :doh: says it I wanna throw brick on my screen..lol

I hate Dio singing any of Ozzy's songs especially Ironman..Man he sings it too bad Im sure even Ozzy feels ashamed that he sang tht song originally..lol Let's face it when Ozzy says IM IRONMAN when Tony first hit the strings its like WOW thts amazing. And when DIo :doh: says it I wanna throw brick on my screen..lol

Il agree with you that the Ozzy version on the album is the definitive way to go - but both times I saw him perform with them he really didnt give it his all - he did alott of holding the microphone to the audience - which you can never hear - one of my personal pet peeves). WHenever I saw him he just seemed like out of it and just sort of going through the motions. Granted Dio didnt sing the song the way they were written but I could always tell he was putting the effort in. I guess things were probably different back when the band was originally together (i only saw reunion shows) and from my personal expirience Dio was the better all around preformer.

Il agree with you that the Ozzy version on the album is the definitive way to go - but both times I saw him perform with them he really didnt give it his all - he did alott of holding the microphone to the audience - which you can never hear - one of my personal pet peeves). WHenever I saw him he just seemed like out of it and just sort of going through the motions. Granted Dio didnt sing the song the way they were written but I could always tell he was putting the effort in. I guess things were probably different back when the band was originally together (i only saw reunion shows) and from my personal expirience Dio was the better all around preformer.

Ya thts true..but Ozzy has his own way of singing it and its true Ozzy mess up many times but still he pulls it off cuz of the great showmanship he has.I like Dio's singing but its all from Heaven n Hell album and I think with Dio in Black Sabbath things were little different cuz Dio do the things his way and Tony had his own way and we can see that's why they broke up.Ozzy was out of the Band cuz of his drug abuse and at that time creative direction was not the issue cuz there was no creativity lol.But personally I always prefer Ozzy in the group cuz that made the Black Sabbath which we all know.Plus I think Dio always had that ego about his writing skills as I have seen his interviews I can clearly see that man had some ego problem.But anyway we have different stories of everybody's version.It's just some good music they have created and thats what matters:cheeky:

If anybody really wanna get into Black Sabbath then their first two albums are must have..They contain their most powerful work ever with the songs like "Black Sabbath,N.I.B,The Wizard,Ironman,War Pigs,Paranoid".But ya there are many more from Black Sabbath like Sabbath Bloody Sabbath,Dirty Women and some unusual songs like "It's Alright,Changes and Solitude" which you wouldn't expect from Black Sabbath..But ya if you're new to them then please never ever listen to Ronnie singing Black Sabbath original line up's songs.He ruined them all the times,it was just Ozzy's voice which really made an impact..Original Sabbath rules not the Dio verion.But first listen to their first 2 albums cuz after that only your ears will get used to their monstrous sound..:cheeky:

For me Black Sabbath = Ozzy,Toni,Geezer and Bill.

I completely disagree. I love both the Ozzy and Dio eras, I think Dio's albums with Sabbath are among their best. Sabbath is one of my top 3 bands ever and I know their entire catalog VERY well. The first two Sabbath albums are of course great but are nowhere near the best of the Ozzy material.

Albums I recommend:
-Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
-Heaven and Hell
-Master of Reality
-Sabotage

And by the way people, Ozzy's solo stuff is not the same as Black Sabbath. It's easy for someone who's not familiar with them to get it confused, but anything that's solo Ozzy is very different from Sabbath.

With Dio Black Sabbath brand was dead in toilet and once Ozzy got back together with rest of Sabbath stadiums were jam packed with audience.Even Bill never liked workin with Dio and its really true Black Sabbath = Ozzy,Tony,Geezer and Bill..Rest all just wasted time

Back