any Morris Day & The Time fans?

Well funny you should make this thread actually @Beano Wild i was listening to Get it Up earlier. I posted it in the listening thread , not too long ago :ROFLMAO: Yeah i guess. and also Ice Cream Castles ?
Yeah I have to say i instantly liked those two tracks . I only know these guys from Graffiti Bridge you see [i'm just discovering Prince]
That's all i know so far.
Teach ?:ROFLMAO:

Well funny you should make this thread actually @Beano Wild i was listening to Get it Up earlier. I posted it in the listening thread , not too long ago :ROFLMAO: Yeah i guess. and also Ice Cream Castles ?
Yeah I have to say i instantly liked those two tracks . I only know these guys from Graffiti Bridge you see [i'm just discovering Prince]
ah man, The Time has so many amazing tracks, ive grown to love their entire discography. the Pandeomium album is genuinely one of my favourite albums ever made, listening to dreamland - jerkout without any cuts is so good, its like a train it just keeps chugging.

if you liked the Graffiti Bridge tracks, you'd love Pandemonium. if you listen to My Summertime Thang, you might recognmise the beat hahah.

if you liked the Graffiti Bridge tracks, you'd love Pandemonium. if you listen to My Summertime Thang, you might recognmise the beat hahah.
Oh , right ...well .. I loved GB and all those tracks on that album. I'll give it a little go. Thanks for the heads up

Would you say that these guys are the roots to New jack Swing then? Would i be mistaken to think that Prince might have influenced/ created the New jack Swing kind of vibey vocals style? of the early 90s ? or am i going loopy because i kind of feel his style was very prominent in New Jack Swing now [unless i've listened to too much PRN and completely confused myself :ROFLMAO: there's a lil thang i do called 'projecting' LOL ] But The harmonised vocal style. it's all very weirdly familiar . And later on , TLC favoured that type of vocal style if i recall.

Anyway Listening to your Pandemonium recommendation, Instant love so far. Yeah It is something you can just put on and not think about. It's a cool album so far. I'm excited!

Immediate love for this one

Your world. Your world.
Your life is fun and games, but all you do is complain.
About the way you live. You like to take, what do you give?
If you don't work, how will you earn?
Don't like to go to school? You'll never learn.
One thing I know for sure is, baby...
(chorus)
It's your world you're livin' in. And what you choose to make it, is what it is.
It's your world you're livin' in. If you don't make it better, nobody else will.
Tell me, what's on your mind? We pay the price, who does the crime?
Growing epidemics, kids born chemically dependent.
Through a lack of education, we have lost a generation.
Living a soap opera, as the world turns.
Feel the crack on your back. Just think, don't be a fool or you'll get burned.
The skillet, the fire. Which one is worse?
(repeat chorus)

Your world - Your world, hihi, yeah hihi. Oh, baby it's...
Your world - Oh yeah. If you don't make it better, nobody's gonna make it better.

When leadership is lacking.
Guess who's to blame - You.
If you don't vote.
Opportunity is elusive.
On trial is destiny.
Only you can change it.
The verdict is still out.

Your world - It's your world, it's your world, oh oh yeah.
Your world - It's your world. If you want to make it better, baby you can make it better.
Your world - Yeah, uh.
Look out, horns. Wait a minute
Who's world is it?
You're shapin' the world that you're livin' in.
You like to take. What do do give? Who pays the price in the end?
Your life's fun and games, but you still complain.
About the way you live your life. Who's to blame for your demise?
It's your world.

Back