Anyone got more info on this apparent concert from October 17, 1999

KingofPop125

Proud Member
Now this is complete news to me, but Michael apparently had a concert in between MJ and Friends and the 30th Anniversary special:

The video shares of the studio versions of three songs he apparently performed that night: You Are Not Alone, Billie Jean, and Smooth Criminal. With a supposed picture of that performance of Smooth Criminal, this may have been the last time he ever performed it.

So is there any other information of this concert? As in, were there any other pictures or any other songs performed that night? Was there a set list? At first, I thought this was just one of those medley shows like the MTV Awards or MJ & Friends, but he perfomed Smooth Criminal, a song he NEVER played live outside the tours since it always had a lot of visuals and effects to the whole thing. So what was this?

Now this is complete news to me, but Michael apparently had a concert in between MJ and Friends and the 30th Anniversary special:

The video shares of the studio versions of three songs he apparently performed that night: You Are Not Alone, Billie Jean, and Smooth Criminal. With a supposed picture of that performance of Smooth Criminal, this may have been the last time he ever performed it.

So is there any other information of this concert? As in, were there any other pictures or any other songs performed that night? Was there a set list? At first, I thought this was just one of those medley shows like the MTV Awards or MJ & Friends, but he perfomed Smooth Criminal, a song he NEVER played live outside the tours since it always had a lot of visuals and effects to the whole thing. So what was this?
OMG! Really??? Wow. Now I want to know more šŸ˜¦

It wasn't Michael. It was a promotional stunt put together by waste of space Matt Fiddes. It was reported 'all over the world' that Michael had performed in a tiny little theatre in Devon, England. This article has a very detailed report on the nights events...

It wasn't Michael. It was a promotional stunt put together by waste of space Matt Fiddes. It was reported 'all over the world' that Michael had performed in a tiny little theatre in Devon, England. This article has a very detailed report on the nights events...

Thank you very much for information šŸ™

Quick question: Was MJ & Friends only performed in Europe? I know it was only in 1999 but I heard that it was only in Europe. Is that true?
Also, who's 'friends'?

These friends were artists that Michael Jackson knew personally and they accepted his offer to perform with him on stage for charity purposes.

"I shall be undertaking two concerts in June [in 1999], one in Seoul in the Republic of Korea, and one in Munich, and I shall be inviting some of my friends to help me during the shows by performing at either one or both of the venues" (Michael Jackson)

Via these 2 shows, Michael Jackson and some of his friends also wanted to get across a message of peace and unity.

That is why, the one location was Republic of Korea (a country with a history of division), and the other location was Germany (a country with a history of division, as well).

These friends were artists that Michael Jackson knew personally and they accepted his offer to perform with him on stage for charity purposes.

"I shall be undertaking two concerts in June [in 1999], one in Seoul in the Republic of Korea, and one in Munich, and I shall be inviting some of my friends to help me during the shows by performing at either one or both of the venues" (Michael Jackson)

Via these 2 shows, Michael Jackson and some of his friends also wanted to get across a message of peace and unity.

That is why, the one location was Republic of Korea (a country with a history of division), and the other location was Germany (a country with a history of division, as well).
Thank you, @mj_frenzy ! I love how your answers are always so informational and clear.

I wonder what Michael thought of that & if the guy got paid

Back