Brief live vocals on Jam on the Dangerous Tour

Robbsaber01;4231926 said:
Did MJ have some fun moments as a kid? Sure. But majority of his childhood was spent working at strip clubs, bars,studio,stage etc. Thats not even mentioning the abuse. Why do you think he made Neverland? Go listen to 'Childhood'. That kills your point right there.

JennieKim;4231929 said:
My opinion at this is a matter of different perspectives. You can look at his childhood with all the success he went through and see this as a publicity stunt, that's just one perspective.

Themidwestcowboy;4231938 said:
Publicity stunt? This has been a recurring theme throughout MJ's entire career, not to mention how many times he has talked about this to his close friends, associates etc.

I'm sorry but to say anything else is quite daft.

Allow me few more words about this issue:

He created Neverland not because he wanted to relive his “lost” childhood, but because he wanted to retain (during his later years) that child-like image/behavior that made him so successful as a child performer.

That intentional child-like image in his later years as a recurring theme (which was mainly a result of a marketing strategy) is clear also on his art (all the notions on his ‘Dangerous’ album cover, the visual concept of the ‘Leave Me Alone’ music video, or the ‘Childhood’ music video, among others).

About his performing at a very young age at such venues (nightclubs, strip clubs, etc), people who were physically there noted that MJ was particularly happy during those acts.

He was even happier especially when satisfied customers would throw their money (as tips) onto the stage where he & his brothers were performing (such as, at ‘Mr. Lucky’s’ nightclub in Gary, Indiana).

KOPV;4231939 said:
MJ_frenzy, take a couple psych classes that have to do with child development. He had way too much responsibility, pressure, and work for someone that was a pre-teen. The human brain develops in stages and he was subjected to a life of an adult very young.. There are parents that lose custody of children that subjected there children to not even 25% of what Michael would because it heavily effects the development of the child and if he/she would be a 'well adjusted' individual as an adult.

* introduced to sex in scaring ways (taken to strip clubs before the age of 9, layed in bed as his brothers would have sex with fans, fans grabbing him/flashing him and more)

* physical abuse (with physical abuse, much mental abuse ties in)

* growing up feeling that he would only be excepting if..... a,b,c...x,y,z

* becoming a teen, getting pimples, changing, being made fun of and having to face the world

* finding value and worth only as far as a contract and agreements would allow... A lot of fake love.

I do not see your five bullet points as factors that lead to a terrible or horrible childhood (especially, if we take into account all the privileges he used to have as a child).

mj_frenzy;4231988 said:

He created Neverland not because he wanted to relive his “lost” childhood, but because he wanted to retain (during his later years) that child-like image/behavior that made him so successful as a child performer.

That intentional child-like image in his later years as a recurring theme (which was mainly a result of a marketing strategy) is clear also on his art (all the notions on his ‘Dangerous’ album cover, the visual concept of the ‘Leave Me Alone’ music video, or the ‘Childhood’ music video, among others).

About his performing at a very young age at such venues (nightclubs, strip clubs, etc), people who were physically there noted that MJ was particularly happy during those acts.

He was even happier especially when satisfied customers would throw their money (as tips) onto the stage where he & his brothers were performing (such as, at ‘Mr. Lucky’s’ nightclub in Gary, Indiana).

I do not see your five bullet points as factors that lead to a terrible or horrible childhood (especially, if we take into account all the privileges he used to have as a child).
we can't judge his childhood because we aren't a family member.
but we can say that it's not an ideal childhood for him.
Being happy on stage doesn't means he was happy in his personal child life.

So we've gone from Jam being live for a line or two, then it was the question if the HIStory tour was any good.. and now we've got ridiculous claims MJ had a good childhood and to suggest otherwise is 'marketing'.

:lmao:

mj_frenzy;4231988 said:

mj_frenzy, is your comment telling me that privilege erases pain and issues? Also have you delt with any of these?.. Because I have personally experienced a couple and I will tell you that it DEFINITLEY effects your life in a negative way. sleeping in the same room family members are having sex at a young age, knowing your father is f***ing women when your mom is away and is forced to keep shut.. That does something to you! Especially when you have a strong love for her.

Take a moment and really consider what each of those bullets I typed does to someone. actually break it down! you can't cover pain with cash, or a trip to Europe..

Kids today have a higher level of anxiety and depression (fact) due to social media and pressure/bullying that comes with it. MICHAEL was a person of the world, he was spoken about on TV, in papers, on the radio.. Imagine really being 14 years old and people calling you ugly - making fun of you than being forced to get go on TV or stage infront of thousands and/or millions of people.

your comments tell me that you are not really familiar with the psychological effects these things can have on a kid... That or maybe you've been through something really bad that subconsciously this is your way of crying out.. That's how it comes off anyway!

And going on stage at stripclubs is not ok for a child.. people saying he looked 'happy' does not mean anything buddy! there are ways I relate to some of these bullet points that I made so I have a firm grasp of what it can do.. and sometimes I think to myself, I could ONLY imagine how much worse it was for him considering the scale it was on..

Last edited:
I've seen a few people bring up that the brief live vocals for Jam happened at Bucharest, but I heard it at the Oslo concert too. At first I thought it was a mistake at Bucharest, and MJ was singing with the mic off, but someone turned his mic on by mistake for a split second. But after also hearing it in Oslo, it seems it was intentional.

Thank you for this insight! It's always great to hear comments from people who were there in real time and can put a realistic perspective into discussions.

So we've gone from Jam being live for a line or two, then it was the question if the HIStory tour was any good.. and now we've got ridiculous claims MJ had a good childhood and to suggest otherwise is 'marketing'.

:lmao:

Exactly.

Please let's stay on topic, everyone.

mj_frenzys nonsense aside, Adding live segments to jam was a good idea IMO. Jam is one of the tracks I don't mind if it's playback. Live adlibs are just a bonus here. Dangerous tour had a nice balance of Playback/Live.

1nn5;4231990 said:
we can't judge his childhood because we aren't a family member.

It goes without saying that we are not his family members.

Personally, I have come to that conclusion (about his not terrible/horrible childhood) through observing, researching along with critical thinking about his past.

KOPV;4232002 said:
mj_frenzy, is your comment telling me that privilege erases pain and issues? Also have you delt with any of these?.. Because I have personally experienced a couple and I will tell you that it DEFINITLEY effects your life in a negative way. sleeping in the same room family members are having sex at a young age, knowing your father is f***ing women when your mom is away and is forced to keep shut.. That does something to you! Especially when you have a strong love for her.

Take a moment and really consider what each of those bullets I typed does to someone. actually break it down! you can't cover pain with cash, or a trip to Europe..

In his earlier interviews (as a child but also later as a teen), he did not really complain about such things because he knew he was in a very advantageous position as compared to most kids of his age.

His alleged “lost”, or “horrible” childhood looks to me more like a business thing that it started in his later years.

By privileges, I also mean the non-materialistic ones that he had as a child which can erase possible pain or issues (like all that adulation he enjoyed at such young age).

(Mikky Dee, I respect your wish about staying on topic, so that was my final off topic post in this thread)

mj_frenzy;4232032 said:
In his earlier interviews (as a child but also later as a teen), he did not really complain about such things because he knew he was in a very advantageous position as compared to most kids of his age.

His alleged “lost”, or “horrible” childhood looks to me more like a business thing that it started in his later years.

Do you really think MJ would've just exposed all the bad things happening around him while he was still a part of the Jackson 5? He would've gotten sacked immediately. PR is an important factor in this. And it's definitely not a coincidence he only started talking about the reality of his past after he had left the group and wouldn't suffer repercussions from talking about it.

That's all I'll say.

Despite the above negative comments, Jam is one of my favourite tour performances. MJs best tour intro, amazing energy and the sound to the Wembley video is amazing [just wish it was higher quality!!].

Despite the above negative comments, Jam is one of my favourite tour performances. MJs best tour intro, amazing energy and the sound to the Wembley video is amazing [just wish it was higher quality!!].

I agree. I wish The Estate had the master tapes to that Wembley concert along with the multitracks for a DVD release for Dangerous 30 or 35. I hope I don't bother the guy who always gets mad because we're in 2018 and DVD is like a sin to him (you know who you are lol) I really doubt they can find anything on film from a show for a Blu ray/4K release, so a DVD from the master analog tape like Bucharest would be ok for me (but hopefully unedited)

I agree. I wish The Estate had the master tapes to that Wembley concert along with the multitracks for a DVD release for Dangerous 30 or 35. I hope I don't bother the guy who always gets mad because we're in 2018 and DVD is like a sin to him (you know who you are lol) I really doubt they can find anything on film from a show for a Blu ray/4K release, so a DVD from the master analog tape like Bucharest would be ok for me (but hopefully unedited)

We know they have it in HQ because of the 'Bucharest' DVD lol
That would be an epic release. Maybe If they mixed both Wembley shows in 1 that wouldn't be bad either.

I’m still screaming for a Wembley box set of 88,92,97. MJ took it to another level every time and still holds the record at Wembley.

dam2040;4232051 said:
I’m still screaming for a Wembley box set of 88,92,97. MJ took it to another level every time and still holds the record at Wembley.

Agreed. That would be an epic live collection.

Back