Can someone help me identify the date for this day during the Pensacola Rehearsals?

For the longest time, it has been claimed online that rehearsals for the second leg of the Bad Tour started on January 22, 1988. If that is to be believed, the footage with Mary Hart and Michael should come from January 24.

Why? Well, in one of the reports, Hart says that Michael couldn’t arrive in time for the rehearsals and missed the first two days. Obviously it doesn’t mean that on the day he arrived, they did this little “tour” of the arena with the TV crew, but it would seem likely.

Also, given that Michael says: “I wanna work out something with the fellas”, meaning the TWYMMF choreography, I think it implies that it is an early rehearsal, as well.

For the longest time, it has been claimed online that rehearsals for the second leg of the Bad Tour started on January 22, 1988. If that is to be believed, the footage with Mary Hart and Michael should come from January 24.

Why? Well, in one of the reports, Hart says that Michael couldn’t arrive in time for the rehearsals and missed the first two days. Obviously it doesn’t mean that on the day he arrived, they did this little “tour” of the arena with the TV crew, but it would seem likely.

Also, given that Michael says: “I wanna work out something with the fellas”, meaning the TWYMMF choreography, I think it implies that it is an early rehearsal, as well.
That’s a great guess! Judging by how clear and fresh his voice sounds I’m also inclined to believe that this is an early rehearsal. Another indication is that he is working out the MITM background vocals with the band.

Last edited:
Mary Hart also said that she visited MJ 2 weeks before the first show in Kansas and that he rehearsed for 2 weeks which would mean MJ first started rehearsing around February 8th (rest of the band were working together before that tho). Wonder if those 2 weeks of rehearsals are what caused his voice to change at the start of the 2nd leg.

I can't remember which one exactly, but one of these Pensacola reports had footage from the Feb 17th dress rehearsal, including a longer version of Bad with MJ and Greg that also appears on Spike Lee's doc.

While on this subject, I have a news clip from February 19th from a news outlet in Florida where they talked about the special concert he had for a school on the 18th of February. It says that the special show started at 23pm and ended somewhere at 1am. What I don’t understand is where korgnex leaked Pensacola rehearsal audio fits in.

While on this subject, I have a news clip from February 19th from a news outlet in Florida where they talked about the special concert he had for a school on the 18th of February. It says that the special show started at 23pm and ended somewhere at 1am. What I don’t understand is where korgnex leaked Pensacola rehearsal audio fits in.
Possibly multiple run throughs a day?

Possibly multiple run throughs a day?
That was my initial thought. It’s just one thing that bugs me. Judging by the state of his voice on korgnex leak I have a hard time imagining he would do another full blown concert on the same day considering how close the opening show on the 23rd was.

Another possibility could be that he did the show for the school first and did the “korgnex leak” afterwards.

Back