CGYWOOM or GYWOOM?

"Get Your Weight Off Of Me" obviously. "Can't" isn't even a part of the song. (At least from what I can hear.)

The right title is 'Get Your Weight Off Of Me', as confirmed by several sources, such as:

"Get Your Weight Off Of Me: Written and recorded in 1999-2004. Finalized and mixed in 2004. One of numerous tracks recorded with Rodney Jerkins that is vocally complete and ready for release. Often referred to with the wrong title ('Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me') ... The whole version was played by Michael [Durham] Prince to a few fans. Run time: 5:17. Full demo remains unreleased" (jacksondynasty.net)

Also, 'Get Your Weight Off Of Me' is written on a Michael Jackson data CD containing one file (the original version of the song from the Rodney Jerkins recording sessions in 1999-2001) which was being sold as a collectible item and it came with a Certificate of Authenticity (Gotta Have Rock And Roll).

I used to despise the song the more it got leaked but once the song leaked in full I fell in love with it. But now that the hype has eased down I'm back to think it's mid garbage again lol. To me though, the song is far from being the worst Darkchild song, it's just slightly better than Invincible. I'm interested to see how the estate would remix the song as the vocals aren't as bad as I thought.

since we on the topic of correct song titles, ive been wondering is it 'Dreams Away' or 'Dream Away'
cause from the audio of the seminar we have the song introduced as 'Dreams Away' but on yt everybody & their mama has it titled 'Dream Away'

since we on the topic of correct song titles, ive been wondering is it 'Dreams Away' or 'Dream Away'
cause from the audio of the seminar we have the song introduced as 'Dreams Away' but on yt everybody & their mama has it titled 'Dream Away'
According to the leaker of the song, the name of the file that's on Steve Porcaro's computer is called Dream Away.

I used to despise the song the more it got leaked but once the song leaked in full I fell in love with it. But now that the hype has eased down I'm back to think it's mid garbage again lol. To me though, the song is far from being the worst Darkchild song, it's just slightly better than Invincible. I'm interested to see how the estate would remix the song as the vocals aren't as bad as I thought.
Yeah, kind of the same for me but I do think the main problem is the quality of the version we got, which is trash. I love the instrumental break. I think people would like it much more when the best mix and quality is released.

I still like it. But it certainly doesn't hold a candle to It Unbreakable
CGYWOOM isn't that great of a song but the vocals are better than any on Invincible imo

Also, since I am not a native English speaker; would the title also be correct if it was just 'Get Your Weight Off Me', instead of the extra 'of'?

Last edited:
CGYWOOM isn't that great of a song but the vocals are better than any on Invincible imo

Also, since I am not a native English speaker; would the title also be correct if it was just 'Get Your Weight Off Me', instead of the extra 'of'?
Well, it could be "Get Your Weight Off Me", but the lyrics have "of" during the chorus. (I think.) So, it makes sense for the title to be "Get Your Weight Off Of Me".

I think that the song is absolutely incredible. But, I can see why you wouldn't like it.

Back