Characters Voice Comparison

PoP

Proud Member
Country
Canada
I checked out a couple of videos of the characters who had different voices in animations, games, etc. You will explain each of the VAs of what you think and you put a * to pick the best VA of the character.

Here's a couple which I found as an example:

Goku (Dragonball Z)
[YOUTUBE]sL2hnbMtzV4[/YOUTUBE]

Kirby Morrow (3rd VA Ocean)- Morrow is a good VA in some anime, but his performance of Goku is pretty overrated, his scream for attacks, Super Saiyan transformation was just not that good.

Steve Blum (PS Game)- Blum makes Goku sounded like a teenager than an adult in a good way though.

Ian James Corlett (1st VA Ocean)- Corlett is a top notch VA for Goku in the beginning, screams for attacks is good, but his scream of pain kinda flawed. I begin to wish what he sounded like when Goku becomes a Super Saiyan.

Jeremiah Yurk (Blue Waters: Dragonball GT)- Yurk sounded very similar to Morrow's version of Goku, but slightly a bit better than Morrow at the very least. Very okay VA.

Peter Kelamis (2nd VA Ocean)- Kelamis's Goku is extremely similar to Corlett's Goku and I do find his performance of Goku is good, but he made Goku sound almost immature in some ways.

Jeffrey Watson (Blue Waters: Dragonball)- Watson sounds like a perfect voice for Goku in his older teen years for Dragonball. Similar voice to Kelamis voice of Goku.

*Sean Schemmel (Funimation)- Schemmel is by far the best Goku ever. His performance is pretty much top notch from top to bottom. His screams for Goku for example using "Kamehameha" was incredibly climatic.

Vegeta (Dragonball Z)
[YOUTUBE]ifjx7pKI40g[/YOUTUBE]

*Chris Sabat (Funimation)- Sabat's performance was incredible and by far more appropriate to play Vegeta, his screams, anger and frustration on Vegeta was done so well despite the "Over 9,000" bit" wasn't as good as Drummond's performance of the bit.

Roger Rhodes (Blue Waters)- Rhodes sounds like he's trying to match Vegeta's voice in the Ocean version, but sounded very similar and made Vegeta sounded as young like he's in his early 20's.

Milton James (PS Game)- James made Vegeta sounded like a senior, worst voice I've heard on the performance of Vegeta.

Brian Drummond (Ocean)- Drummond's Vegeta is very memorable for making Vegeta sounded very evil and for the best bit "Over 9,000". Yet he's a strong favourite.

You can look for the characters in different voices, check out TeddyKGaming video and you'll find them. If I post it on the wrong head thread, please don't hesitate to move it elsewhere.

Back