Christopher Lee dies at 93

Galactus123

Proud Member
Donations
$18.00
Sir Christopher Lee dies as he prepares to start latest film:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...dies-as-he-prepares-to-start-latest-film.html

In one of his final interviews, Sir Christopher Lee declared his intention never to retire. “When I die, I want to die with my boots on,” he said.

The actor remained true to his word. He was preparing for his latest film role - a drama called The 11th, co-starring Uma Thurman - when he died on Sunday morning at London’s Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.

He had been treated for respiratory problems and heart failure, and passed his 93rd birthday in hospital last month.

His last public appearance was at the Berlin film festival in February. Although frail, he was determined to attend a gala in aid of the Cinema for Peace Foundation.

In an age when celebrity news finds its way almost instantly onto social media, Sir Christopher’s family achieved the rare feat of keeping his death private until close relatives had been informed.

The news was met by an outpouring of tributes for one of the industry’s most revered figures.

ChristopherLee_3338007b.jpg

Count_Dooku.jpg
man-with-the-golden-gun-1352392715.jpg

It was sad to hear this. He was a legend. RIP :(

He had such a talent to portray baddies :wub: I totally love his acting as Saruman, mad and cool. :D Just watched LOTR some days ago. His voice was amazing. I'll miss him.

Back