DSTYGE vs WBSS & RWY vs BBM

Hot_Street

Proud Member
Pick your favourites from the first two tracks on Off the Wall and Thriller!
DSTYGE and WBSS are like brothers, aren't they? Same with RWY and BBM.
Same writers, similar tempo.
Don’t Stop ’Til You Get EnoughWanna Be Startin’ Somethin’
Rock with YouBaby Be Mine

Last edited:
Yeeees. I waited for someone to make a thread like that! he he he. Well. First of all, Human Nature and Man In The Mirror like 2 brothers for me) Human Nature is adult, beautiful brother and Man In The Mirror is younger silly brother. Why You Wanna Trip On Me and She Drives My Wild like 2 siblings too! But WYWTOM is older, more dangerous and SDMW is younger sis, she's more beautiful. And now my favourite! Al Capone is a grandfather, Smooth Criminal is a father and Blue Gangsta is a son. Unbreakable is extramarital son of Smooth Criminal. And You Rock My World is distant descendant of The Way You Make Me Feel

As much as i love DSTYGE, i will always prefer WBSS.
And considering MJ performed it all the way to his very last tour, i'm sure he preferred it, too.

As much as i love DSTYGE, i will always prefer WBSS.
And considering MJ performed it all the way to his very last tour, i'm sure he preferred it, too.
Also love Baby Be Mine, but Rock With You is just something special.

And considering MJ performed it and never once performed Baby Be Mine... you know where i'm getting at :ROFLMAO:
(just kidding lol)

Yeeees. I waited for someone to make a thread like that! he he he. Well. First of all, Human Nature and Man In The Mirror like 2 brothers for me) Human Nature is adult, beautiful brother and Man In The Mirror is younger silly brother. Why You Wanna Trip On Me and She Drives My Wild like 2 siblings too! But WYWTOM is older, more dangerous and SDMW is younger sis, she's more beautiful. And now my favourite! Al Capone is a grandfather, Smooth Criminal is a father and Blue Gangsta is a son. Unbreakable is extramarital son of Smooth Criminal. And You Rock My World is distant descendant of The Way You Make Me Feel
🤨 Have you checked your temperature lately? 🤒

Don't stop and Rock with you are the two stronger combo but all 4 are quality tracks, baby be mine the weakest though.

Don't stop til you get enough prob the most iconic with Rock with you not far behind then WBSS in terms of popularity.

WBSS opening on the BAD tour is iconic.

Wanna be startin something easily, Baby be mine is a good song, but its not epic. The other two songs are too hard, they are both masterpieces and both are the greatest in their own ways. DSTYGE is the ultimate party and get on the floor song and has a really positive groove and flow. Rock with you is a perfect ballad, that showcases Michael's singing and his smooveness and both both songs are pure boogie.

Just too hard but I think personally I have to choose Rock with you as it wa sthe first song of his I remember hearing and I have always loved it. The joy of these songs, is I can never ever get sick of them. I can't even say that about songs by other artists. these early Michael Jackson songs just have this magic quality to them.

really hard! but i prefer Rock With You and Baby be Mine.

I guess that I will take "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" and "Rock With You" as the perfect combo,in this situation at least.
"Don't Stop" is a bit better than "WBSS" for me (as iconic as WBSS really is),since I find it to be more energetic,more interesting and yet more...joyful,I'd say? (which would be a rather ironic term,considering what's really about to happen out there in court,but back to the topic)
His vocals are also better during "Don't Stop" for me: not only it is a fantastic opener with an excellent melody,but Michael's playful falsetto takes the song to another level,tbh.
This might one of the few Michael Jackson tracks that I will always love and maybe never even get tired of.
As for the second song,obviously "Rock With You". Iconic masterpiece which showcases Michael's amazing vocal range and ability,which is something that I prefer over his dancing. Not only had Michael a beautiful tone,but he was also an amazing singer (in the studio,at least).
Now that I think about it,the opening of the "Off The Wall" album might be the best out of all his solo records,that he relesead with Epic Records/Sony.
"Off The Wall" is indeed a visionary masterpiece...

Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough and Baby Be Mine

Wanna Be Starting Something with DSTYGE a close second.

Rock With You is a good song but I always found it to be a bit overrated.

Baby Be Mine is a banger and one of Michael’s most underrated tracks. I have been listening to it a lot over the past few months.

wanna be startin’ somethin’ and ‘rock with you’.

though ‘don’t stop til you get enough’ is marvellous, I find ‘working day and night’ and ‘things I do for you’ to have more in common with ‘wanna be startin’ somethin’. the trilogy of frustration that climaxes with the latter song. all self penned performed live at some point.

baby be mine’ is one of my least favourites in general.

"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" evolved from "Don't Stop til You Get Enough" and "Baby Be Mine" evolved from "Rock with You". But it's more like they devolved from those songs, because they're just not as good lol.

"Baby Be Mine" is pretty underrated, though, yeah. It's grown on me a lot over the years. When I first listened to it when I got Thriller 25 in 2008, I liked it, mainly because its beat reminded me of a videogame. Over time, though, I got bored of the song because of how forgettable it seemed compared to the other songs on Thriller. But I've come to like it again for how well-polished, well-crafted and well-sung it is; the production shines a lot more when you listen to the right mix with a good pair of headphones.

Anyone notice that the mix of it on this video promoting Thriller 40:
Is different from the mix here:

I prefer how it sounds in the second video. One of the reasons I grew bored of the song was because of the sound quality; I thought it sounded a little bit like an unfinished, badly mixed demo. Listening to it with a good pair of headphones made me appreciate the song again, but the mix on the Thriller 40 video sounds a little rough, although I actually like it in its own way. It sounds more dated than the other mix, but that's why I sorta get more of an early 80s vibe from it.

Last edited:
"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" evolved from "Don't Stop til You Get Enough" and "Baby Be Mine" evolved from "Rock with You". But it's more like they devolved from those songs, because they're just not as good lol.

"Baby Be Mine" is pretty underrated, though, yeah. It's grown on me a lot over the years. When I first listened to it when I got Thriller 25 in 2008, I liked it, mainly because its beat reminded me of a videogame. Over time, though, I got bored of the song because of how forgettable it seemed compared to the other songs on Thriller. But I've come to like it again for how well-polished and crafted it sounds; the production shines a lot more when you listen to the right mix with a good pair of headphones.

Anyone notice that the mix of it on this video promoting Thriller 40:
Is different from the mix here:

I prefer how it sounds in the second video. One of the reasons I grew bored of the song was because of the sound quality; I thought it sounded a little bit like an unfinished, badly mixed demo. Listening to it with a good pair of headphones made me appreciate the song again, but the mix on the Thriller 40 video sounds a little rough, although I actually like it in its own way. It sounds more dated than the other mix, but that's why I sorta get more of an early 80s vibe from it.
Any mastering of Thriller released post 2000s is horrible and completely takes away from the enjoyment of the album.
I suggest you check out the recently released Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab release of Thriller in SACD, even if you can't buy it you can easily get it through... other means, if you know what i mean 🏴‍☠️

Wanna Be Starting Something

Back