Expanded Jackson 5/Jacksons Albums

Dan

Proud Member
Hey everyone,

Just wondering, has there ever been any expanded/special/deluxe editions of the Jackson 5/Jacksons albums that include "new" songs/demos? Not bothered about remixes.

Thanks,

- Dan.

There have been re-issues for the Jacksons 5 albums from approx. 2001 to 2009 including 2 album/CD + some b-sides (including the unreleased "Hum Along And Dance (uncut)".

(Just beware I found a glitch one of them: Thread: s there such a thing as a perfect pressing of the album "Get It Together" ? )

In 2009, The Jackson Christmas Album was re-released as "Ultimate Christmas Collection", which include that album and some extra (unreleased?) material? It's worth having just because it has "Little Christmas Tree" on CD (which use to a solo MJ single vinyl only single):

The Jacksons albums all had expanded digital releases in 2021. Most included remixes but Victory has instrumental versions too and an "alternate version" too, and 2300 Jackson Street has some instrumental versions as well as 3 b-sides (these don't involve MJ though).

Since you are only asking about albums, I'll just briefly mention comiplation/box set that are worth looking at: "The Original Soul Of Michael Jackson" (1987), "Soulsation! (25th Anniversary Collection)" (4xCD, 1995), Anthology (the MJ 1995 version has 2 or 3 unreleased alternate versions of MJ/J5 Motown songs), "I Want You Back! Unreleased Masters" (2009), "Come And Get It: The Rare Pearls" (2012), + "The Ultimate Rarities Collection 1: Motown Sings Motown Treasures" (1998) + Motown Unreleased 1969 (2019).

Last edited:
Since you are only asking about albums, I'll just briefly mention comiplation/box set that are worth looking at: "The Original Soul Of Michael Jackson" (1987), "Soulsation! (25th Anniversary Collection)" (4xCD, 1995), Anthology (the MJ 1995 version has 2 or 3 unreleased alternate versions of MJ/J5 Motown songs), "I Want You Back! Unreleased Masters" (2009), "Come And Get It: The Rare Pearls" (2012), + "The Ultimate Rarities Collection 1: Motown Sings Motown Treasures" (1998) + Motown Unreleased 1969 (2019).
I'd like to add "Hello World" (2009). It covers MJs entire solo work as released on Motown between 1971 to 1986. In addition, the 3cd set contains previously unreleased original mixes of the "Farewell my Summer Love" album as well as the original version of "25 Miles".

Reactions: Dan
The bonus tracks on this CD, Sugar Daddy & I'm So Happy, are mono mixes.

Stereo mixes can be found on the 2008 compilation album "Michael Jackson & Jackson 5 - The Motown Years"

Last edited:
@Fuzball
I was just thinking I forgot Hello World too, a few minutes. But the post asked about J5 and Jacksons and Hello world is strictly MJ (not counting the fact that the J5 are probably singing backgrounds on some tracks).

I didn't know about the mono mixes. Then, you link is point to an unrelated work ... since there seems to many "The Motown Years", I'd be interested in the actual reference.

I've fixed the link in my previous post.

I have added Hello World cuz some tracks on Looking Back are labeled as "MJ with J5".

^
this CD contains a previously unreleased alternate version of I'll Be There.

Back