Favorite Harmonies from MJ?

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00
This can include Jacksons Days. Give It Up or Show Me The Way To Go get high marks. But in his solo career, it's definitely gotta be between Rock With You, Who Do You Know, the PYT demo, Liberian Girl, Someone Put Your Hand Out, Why and Xscape. Not a hard choice at all lol.

This can include Jacksons Days. Give It Up or Show Me The Way To Go get high marks. But in his solo career, it's definitely gotta be between Rock With You, Who Do You Know, the PYT demo, Liberian Girl, Someone Put Your Hand Out, Why and Xscape. Not a hard choice at all lol.
Great topic and choices.

Assuming you are referring to vocal harmonies, I will add Even Though You’re Gone, Off the Wall, Wondering Who, Burn This Disco Out, Leave Me Alone, Who Is It?, Scream, Tabloid Junkie, Beautiful Girl…

If Andrae Crouch is allowed then I’ll also add Man in the Mirror, Heal the World, and Earth Song.

I have to say Beautiful Girl. I love those harmonies on the choruses. Another contender is Someone Put Your Hand Out.

Yeah it's basically MJ's forte, his incredible harmonies. It's easier to count what he didn't harmonize lol.
If Andrae Crouch is allowed then I’ll also add Man in the Mirror, Heal the World, and Earth Song.
Well we're counting all MJ songs lol. And Jackson's too. But I can't forget in any case, Butterflies and all the Dr. Freeze tracks. But especially Blue Gangsta.

My hesitation came from an uncertainty on whether Michael had to be the one vocalizing.
I had intended it to be solo MJ but I forgot that The Jacksons don't really count. At least, show me the way to go doesn't. But lets just emphasize solo Dolo.

Last edited:
I had intended it to be solo MJ but I forgot that The Jacksons don't really count. At least, show me the way to go doesn't. But legs just emphasize solo Dolo.
Dang it! I was gonna name J5 / If I Have To Move A Mountain. Oh well ...

RTT, Tabloid Junkie, Beat It (demo), Ghosts, TGIM (demo), OTW, 2Bad.

There's just so many treasures. :)

I'm not sure I'd call it harmonies, more like double-tracking, but Thriller and IJCSLY both have very powerful use of multi-tracked vocals. It's for this reason I say that there was never a great live vocal performance of either song - the chorus just doesn't sound the same on stage.

Back