Favorite sounds/elements in songs?

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00
Seeing the actual footage of the kid saying "Hey, Michael" in Stranger in Moscow is actually so illuminating. And actually really funny, it kinda takes me out the song when I hear it. But it adds such a nice element and I always did like that quaint aspect of it. Just an amazing song.

Any other thoughts?

Seeing the actual footage of the kid saying "Hey, Michael" in Stranger in Moscow is actually so illuminating. And actually really funny, it kinda takes me out the song when I hear it. But it adds such a nice element and I always did like that quaint aspect of it. Just an amazing song.

Any other thoughts?
Beginning of Unbreakable (that sounds to me like fire, panther roar and some kind of explosion), Michael's sobbing on the background of Heartbreaker, Interlude of You Rock My World with Chris Tucker (da da da da diii, dat giiirl), Michael saying "Batterflies" in the beginning of Butterflies, "Thank You Carlos" in the end of Whatever Happens, Macaulay Culkin in the beginning of Black Or White, drunk/sleepy/aroused Michael mumbles something in "P.Y.T" - these are the best sound elements in MJ songs)

Last edited:
The start of Jam. The glass smashing!
The start of Dangerous. Sound of Elevation.
The start of Jam - man smashing window with some random girl head. It was officially proved by some of this forum member

The way the voice is altered to say “Morphine” at around 2.45 of the song.
The horns in the opening of She Drives Me Wild.
The glass cracking at the start of Scream.

The moment from 2:06 "oooh" and like an echo until 2:13. There is another fragment that is often heard, but I don't know how to describe it.
Edit
I think it first sounds at 0:57

Last edited:
It is usually not just a sound that I like except for on “fall again” at the end where Michael mimics that tweaked electronic sound and he does it amazingly accurate.

What I love to hear in general are his strings arrangement (though I think they’re often synthesized), they’re really pivotal in many of his songs.

On headphones it is heard throughout the song once you pick it up you can’t un hear it anymore. It took me years to notice it. It is one of the best produces tracks he ever did.
Also that sound at 1.38 for example is really great, it is like someone is making weird distorted throat noises throughout the song. This beat is very layered.

Off The Wall's opening, the intro, the laughter with the harmonies, the guitar and the beat of the drum. It feels so, etheral but in a really nice analogue way.

I was listening to In The Back the other day and I love those instrumental breaks at 2.39 and 3.50, it feels like you're floating on air, it's such a wonderful break from the intense wall of noise.
Mike was unmatched with harmonies

Back