Folks.. I think Paris’ song ‘Let Down’ could be about MJ. Thoughts?

Dolmoey

Proud Member
I was listening to her songs for the first time and literally gasped when I heard the lyrics. To me it seems like the song might be about MJ’s sudden death and his tribulations, even more so when you consider that

1. Paris mentioned he cried to her at times and was depressed. :(

2. I gather that Prince mentioned on the trial against AEG that when he entered Michael‘s room on June 25th, his head was drooped to the floor, his clothes were untidy and his eyes were open.. It would have been a real shock for them to see him in such a state.

3. Paris is known to have struggled a lot after his passing, and referred to MJ as things like “my everything”, “all I had”, “the only thing in the world that could make me truly happy“ etc… (might not be the same exact expressions) multiple times.

I know I am probably looking at the world through MJ-colored lenses, but every song is open to interpretation, I guess? So what are your thoughts? Here are the full lyrics :

[Verse 1]
Head hanging down
Shredded evening gown
Eyes painted black
A tragic paperback

[Pre-Chorus]
You were my all
And now, I fall to the ground
You hit the wall
And now, I crawl underground

[Chorus]
Let me down again
Break me, flush me down the drain
Let me down again

[Verse 2]
You were all I had
We fell fast and hard
How'd it get this bad?
Ins and outs so scarred

[Pre-Chorus]
You were my all
And now, I fall to the ground
You hit the wall
And now, I crawl underground

[Chorus]
Let me down again
Break me, flush me down the drain
Let me down again
Break me, flush me down thе drain

[Instrumental Break]

[Chorus]
Let me down again
Break mе, flush me down the drain
Let me down again
Ooh
Ooh

Last edited:
Yea..in another one of her songs (I know all of them) it sounds like she mentioned the word 'father' I'll find that song and post it here

I believe it's on the lost ep

this one and it is on the lost ep and at 0:50 it sounded like she said: 'father died, taking everything'

Nah, "father time".

Father Time is a human representation of time itself. He symbolizes the abstract concept of time, as well as the constant, one-way movement of time.

Back