Goosebumps (Feature Film)

Cool! I started reading Goosebumps books when I was about 6 years old. I had heaps of them and used to get in trouble for reading them at the dinner table. Sometimes I'd read them at recess instead of playing and I'd read them in the middle of the night and scare the crap out of myself lol.

The first part of the trailer had the right atmosphere and then it evolved into a comedy. The show had a great balance of creepy (By kid standards) and funny. This trailer is terrible. If this actually represents the movie accurately then it's a fail. I'll stick to the show. The show had some legitimate creepy episodes like The Haunted Mask,Welcome to Dead House and Night of the Living Dummy to name just a few.

This comes as quite a surprise. Looks fun and nostalgic at least. I read a few Goosebumps books when I was a kid, not a whole lot, and a couple of the Choose Your Own Adventure ones. I read those several times and really loved them. I probably watched the show more, which was also good. I even have a couple of the episodes on tape still. This movie might turn out bad, but I would go see it simply for the nostalgia value alone lol.

The TV Show felt like THE TWILIGHT ZONE for kids and this feature film looks like JUMANJI with monsters.

Theatrical Poster
Goosebumps-Poster.jpg
Reviews

Back