Hearing Michael in other artists' songs

TheXscapeR

Proud Member
Country
Brazil
This has happened to me twice in the last month now... So, I was listening to "All I Do", by Stevie Wonder, and I noticed the background vocals had a familiar voice. I started to question, "maybe Michael is in that song". So I isolated the background vocals and I feel pretty confident that's Michael in the backing vocals alongside other another singer.

Also happened when I was listening to "This Had To Be", by The Brothers Johnson. I knew the track was partially written by Michael but felt like he wasn't involved in the new version - until I heard his ad-libs and went, "surely, he did backing vocals for it!". Same thing, isolated the backings and there he was. I wonder if you guys have ever felt the same thing and found out later that it was true.

This has happened to me twice in the last month now... So, I was listening to "All I Do", by Stevie Wonder, and I noticed the background vocals had a familiar voice. I started to question, "maybe Michael is in that song". So I isolated the background vocals and I feel pretty confident that's Michael in the backing vocals alongside other another singer.

Also happened when I was listening to "This Had To Be", by The Brothers Johnson. I knew the track was partially written by Michael but felt like he wasn't involved in the new version - until I heard his ad-libs and went, "surely, he did backing vocals for it!". Same thing, isolated the backings and there he was. I wonder if you guys have ever felt the same thing and found out later that it was true.
Yeah he's in All I Do

And This Had To Be
That was a song Michael recorded called You Not Me and it got scrapped and given to The Brothers Johnson and it became This Had To Be

I heard a Rhianna song on the radio the other day that had MJ.

Yeah, it was Wanna Be Startin Somethin. I've never paid any attention to her before.

There's a remix of that SWV song where you hear MJ sing the whole first verse.

yess!! i get so happy when im not expecting it. hearing michaels voice out of the blue gives me an immediate air of happiness :)

This has happened to me twice in the last month now... So, I was listening to "All I Do", by Stevie Wonder, and I noticed the background vocals had a familiar voice. (...)

That's not really a secret, songs he contributed to, as well as duets are known and can be listed.

Now, I tend not to count those whose sampled him ... (one reason is that aside from a few that are very well known, I once found a list of like hundreds of songs that sample/covered MJ in some way.

Back