highlight your favorite part 2

filmandmusic

Proud Member
- Ain’t No Sunshine vs Don’t Know Why I Love You (both from live at the Forum live album)
- Beautiful Girl vs The Way You Love Me
- Leave Me Alone video vs Scream video
- PYT MJ’s version vs PYT Quincy’s version
- Tell Me I’m Not Dreaming vs The Man
- Just Good Friends vs Get It
- The Lady In My Life album version vs The Lady In My Life extended version
- Enjoy Yourself vs Jump For Joy
- Heal The World vs Earth Song
- You’re The One (Jennifer Holliday) vs Centipede (Rebbie Jackson) vs Muscles (Diana Ross)
- One Day In Your Life vs Dreamer
- Diana Ross Presents The J5 vs ABC
- Thriller album vs Bad album
- One More Chance (MJ) vs One More Chance (Randy Jackson) vs One More Chance (Jackson 5)
- State Of Shock with Mick vs State Of Shock with Freddie
- Can You Feel It vs Blame It On The Boogie
- Your Ways vs The Hurt
- The Jacksons Variety Show vs The Jackson 5 Cartoon

- And last but not least: song most deserving of a video “Human Nature vs Wanna Be Starting Something” (What is your idea for a video?)

Last edited:
- Ain’t No Sunshine vs Don’t Know Why I Love You (both from live at the Forum live album)
- Beautiful Girl vs The Way You Love Me (If it was the version from Michael i'd pick that)
- PYT MJ’s version vs PYT Quincy’s version (Honestly a tie)
- You’re The One (Jennifer Holliday) vs Centipede (Rebbie Jackson) vs Muscles (Diana Ross)
- Thriller album vs Bad album (God)
- One More Chance (MJ) vs One More Chance (Randy Jackson) vs One More Chance (Jackson 5)
- Your Ways vs The Hurt

- And last but not least: song most deserving of a video “Human Nature vs Wanna Be Starting Something” (What is your idea for a video?) (Both? Human Nature would just be a city night life, For All Time on a clear night, WBSS is an energetic concert highlight reel)

Last edited:
- Your Ways vs The Hurt

- And last but not least: song most deserving of a video “Human Nature vs Wanna Be Starting Something” (What is your idea for a video?)

- Your Ways vs The Hurt

- Your Ways vs The Hurt

WBSS needs a short film because it's gonna be crazy and I love crazy! (in a good way) I could imagine cowboys in the set when they do the "yee-haw!!"

- Your Ways vs The Hurt

I deleted the few options that have songs I haven’t heard or don’t listen to enough to have a strong opinion on.

- Your Ways vs The Hurt

-
Ain’t No Sunshine

The Way You Love Me

Scream video

-
PYT MJ’s version

-
Tell Me I’m Not Dreaming

-
Just Good Friends
-
-
Enjoy Yourself

-
Heal The World

-
Muscles (Diana Ross)

- Well both

-

- Thriller album

- One More Chance (MJ)

- State Of Shock with Mick

-
Can You Feel It

The Jacksons Variety Show

Lemons. You know i luv ya @filmandmusic

-
Human Nature 🫠 This all day every day .

pyt quincy’s version - though I do like the mellow harmonies on michael’s demo. however, it is just that - a demo. besides, a more peppy, brighter energy better suited the song.
the man’ easily. aside from it being more catchy and memorable with a special meaning, michael sounds more free. I felt like he held back on jermaine’s track.
album version. it’s one of my least favourite songs on ‘thriller’, despite being beautifully sung. however, I always thought that having only one verse made the structure more unique.
jump for joy’ - changed my mind at the last minute . that was a tough one 😮‍💨they’re pretty much equal, although I listen to ‘enjoy yourself’ more. always thought ‘jump for joy’ could have been a hit single. seeing the studio footage just sealed it. might add it to my playlist..
centipede’ - I think it’s a creative and unusual jam - even if I hardly ever listen to it..
dreamer
abc’ - has more of the ‘bubblegum soul’ I love from them💜though it could use more
thriller’ - hands down. no question. it has warmth, danceable grooves, it’s eclectic and timeless.
jackson 5 version. it’s charming and has clever lyrics.
mick, but it’s probably my least favourite song in general.
blame it on the boogie’ - I always need to watch or imagine the video for ‘can you feel it’ to enjoy it properly.
- Your Ways vs The Hurt
your ways’ - don’t like either song, but at least it has michael’s (lead) vocals.
the jackson 5 cartoon - this was a difficult decision that I agonised over 😩 i even considered creating a poll about this awhile back. I love cartoons in general, and the jackson (5ive) one was amazing in its own right- even without the connection to the group. I think michael needs his own one set in the ‘thriller’ era. the variety show was crucial for michael’s growth as a performer. he did things on it that he hadn’t done before or since. at least I could watch other performances or sketches from around that time, to compensate for its loss..
human nature’ - the sample we got in the ‘moonwalker’ movie would have made for the perfect video, if it was fully fleshed out. it was colourful and had a lone michael wandering the streets. the still images of michael were accurate of the time of release. it all matched the song. the animation would have made it another standout among the ‘thriller’ videos. it might have even been innovative like a-ha’s ‘take on me’.

I feel that ‘wanna be startin’ somethin’ (my favourite) is so big, that it’s better left to the imagination. I always pictured it taking place in church. michael would be in the shadows against the stained glass windows dancing, whilst members of the congregation are shown gossiping about each other. michael would finally reveal himself with the backup choir at the end for the chant, before a pedestal rises from beneath him to launch him through the roof, leaving behind a glowing trail🤩

please keep these kinds of threads coming if you can 💜

@wendijane how the hell did you make that post with all the quotes lol, it is almost like a work of art but quite bad one 😀
@83magic thanks, I’m running out of options though, we have a very divided fan base. Only a very select few like every era so I always try to find a balance to please everyone. I did pretty much neglect the later eras in this one because I don’t feel very attracted to it any longer. My taste has changed considerably the last 10 years.

- Ain’t No Sunshine vs Don’t Know Why I Love You (both from live at the Forum live album) - Never heard them.
- Beautiful Girl vs The Way You Love Me - The instrumental of Beautiful Girl is better but the falsetto-style scratch vocals almost completely ruins the song for me, meanwhile TWYLM has both great vocals and instrumentals so it wins it over for me.
- Tell Me I’m Not Dreaming vs The Man - The Man is the weakest song out of the Paul McCartney-MJ tracks imo, if this was Say Say Say it would've been a whole different story.
- Just Good Friends vs Get It - Get It could've easily replaced JGF on the Bad album imo.
- Enjoy Yourself vs Jump For Joy - I've never heard Jump For Joy so easy pick lol.
- Diana Ross Presents The J5 vs ABC - I haven't listened to those.
- One More Chance (MJ) vs One More Chance (Randy Jackson) vs One More Chance (Jackson 5) The Jacksons' One More Chance is criminally underrated
- Your Ways vs The Hurt
- The Jacksons Variety Show vs The Jackson 5 Cartoon - I've never watched those.

Last edited:
@83magic thanks, I’m running out of options though, we have a very divided fan base. Only a very select few like every era so I always try to find a balance to please everyone. I did pretty much neglect the later eras in this one because I don’t feel very attracted to it any longer. My taste has changed considerably the last 10 years.
i understand. I simply don’t connect to anything post ‘we are the world’, for a variety of reasons that I won’t get into. for the most part, I just stay in my lane and focus on the things I love. michael was a believer in quality over quantity, and I share that sentiment. it’s a shame that people aren’t respectful of each other’s views, and you’re made to feel less than for having them.

anywho, I love these kinds of threads💜I have some ideas for comparisons myself. can I post them here, or should I make a separate thread?

@wendijane how the hell did you make that post with all the quotes lol,
That's done by ....what is called the magic touch. A woman never reveals her secrets within text, Mr Lemon. tut tut.
it is almost like a work of art but
but but but......hit me with the misery boi
quite bad one 😀
Cheeky sod. :oops::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:Art is my game n Bad is my name . You know that.
It was a pretty fun thread actually. Alot of choices and some more rarer /less loved [?] overlooked songs shall we say, Keep that up ha:ROFLMAO:

- Beautiful Girl vs The Way You Love Me (If it was the version from Michael i'd pick that)
- PYT MJ’s version vs PYT Quincy’s version (Honestly a tie)
- Thriller album vs Bad album (God)
- Your Ways vs The Hurt

- And last but not least: song most deserving of a video “Human Nature vs Wanna Be Starting Something” (What is your idea for a video?) (Both? Human Nature would just be a city night life, Stranger in Moscow on a clear night, WBSS is an energetic concert highlight reel)
I KNOW!!!! we need pyt, human nature, and wbss music videoss!!! :(

Back