‘hot street’ vs ‘got the hots’

• ‘hot street’

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • ‘got the hots’

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

83magic

Proud Member
both titles seem to crop up when it comes to discussions about possible contenders for the upcoming ‘thriller 40’ project.

it’s interesting that both songs have the word ‘hot’ in them. just like ‘the girl is mine’ and ‘baby be mine’. maybe the two hots could follow each other on the track list for story continuity?

if it came down to one song to be released as the lead single to kick off this project, what would you choose? which one has the most hit potential in your opinion; ‘hot street’ or ‘got the hots’?

Very difficult to pick indeed but I vote for “got the hots”. It is close on every account but I like the chorus better. In a other dimension they both could have been big hits and evergreens, they’re quality.

it’s amazing how futuristic and spacey ‘got the hots’ sounds - given that it was recorded forty years ago. the multilayered harmonies on the chorus are slippery and airy. the melody on that section is very reminiscent of ‘off the wall’. maybe too much so, which let’s it down.

though it does sound more complete vocally and lyrically than ‘hot street’, the latter i find more engaging in every other way. it’s catchier, and brings new elements to the table whilst still sounding classic. sort of like the seedier side to ‘human nature’ if you will.

I do 💜 them both though 💜

Got the hots has an amazing chorus, and so good my vote edges to it.

For the entire track I still think Hot Street.

Now had it been Slapstick I instantly would have voted that...

yep, called it months ago actually. interesting how the current results show the two songs neck and neck..

Back