How close was Michael & Rebbie?

wonderouzdj2

Proud Member
I know she had her family & everything but i wonder how supportive she was to Michael like how latoya was in the 80's...were they close like him & Janet? That's one sibling I've never heard him tell a story about...I've heard 7 stories(not including him) from him about his siblings...& Rebbie would be 8th.i know he gave her fly away & contributed to centipede & a couple other but were they at all close?
2hrh84o.jpg

I don't think they were close at all, because she moved out of the house when Michael was 8.

In the later years, Rebbie's association with dickhead Stacey Brown probably didn't go down too well with Michael.

Plus, if they were close, Michael would have surely named her as a guardian.

how close can only be speculation.. We need to keep in mind they are 9 years apart and she was not part of the Jackson 5 which would mean his younger years I could only assume there must have been a disconnect there.. He was around his brothers a lot for obvious reasons and we have to remember she got married when Michael was 10, not in the house anymore so WHEN the boys would come home she's still not fully around.. It is only natural for them not to have spent much time together! Using my own common sense, by the time Michael was around enough at the age that 'age difference' would not make as much effect Michael was a superstar - it was hard for even his brothers to get close to him..

I would only assume of all the siblings SHE would be the most distant one of all to Michael over the years. Maybe aside from the later years they may have connected more..

The only one who had unrestricted access to Michael and could come to see him unannounced was his mother, the rest of the family had to make appointments. To me that's very telling.

The only one who had unrestricted access to Michael and could come to see him unannounced was his mother, the rest of the family had to make appointments. To me that's very telling.
I'm the same way! also, my mother is the only person i would trust with a key to my apartment. she even has one permanently...she takes care of my animals when i'm away from home for days at a time, but also in case of emergencies due to my health issues. however, that doesn't mean if for example my brother came unannounced, that i wouldn't let him in or that i would tell him to go away. i don't know if michael would do that :eek:

Last edited:
Sometimes Michael would make his employees to lie about him not being at home, he hid from his parents in one occasion Katherine asked if she could use the bathroom but she was with Joe. Probably the one who wasn't let in was Randy because he crashed the gates from Michael's hause in Las Vegas yelling he owed Randall money when he was preparing to go to the Elizabeth Taylor's birthday party in 2007. The had to call Joe get Randy out of the property, Michael refused to see him and didn't attend to the party.

Back