How many fans does Michael Jackson have?

Michael Jackson had millions and millions of fans , just like Elvis did before him and The Beatles.

Fame does not indicate how many fans a celebrity has. Donald Trump was unquestionably the most famous man in the world in recent times but I doubt he has that high number of fans...

It is literally impossible to determine how many fans MJ had , considering he was in the limelight for decades it's safe to say he's acquired quite a. few.

MJ's peak was in the 80s , I'd imagine a high number of those fans he had have all grown up and perhaps moved on from MJ or simply do not enjoy his music anymore.

As much love that Michael has received, he's equally has a lot of hate, you see it everywhere.

I'm not so sure why you're trying to prove that MJ was the biggest, most famous, greatest ever , most loved on this forum over the past day or so. We all love MJ.

Michael Jackson had millions and millions of fans , just like Elvis did before him and The Beatles.
The thing is, it's very unfortunate that we live in a world where very few people agree on this opinion or even know who the latter two are

I would still love michael the same if he had 10 fans on the entire planet. I think this fixation on sales and popularity goes too far sometimes. I have to wonder how many of you actually enjoy michael? it always seems like there’s something to prove.

Most people in third world countries, do not know who they are. Nobody is arguing that they are on the level of fame as MJ.
All three are famous worldwide and have been for decades.

Are you really comparing how great the artist is based on how famous they are? because that's what it looks like here.

I would still love michael the same if he had 10 fans on the entire planet. I think this fixation on sales and popularity goes too far sometimes. I have to wonder how many of you actually enjoy michael? it always seems like there’s something to prove.
This is just in the last 24 hours, it happens every day and every year, people are literally obsessed with comparing others to him by some contrived metric.
3MT6Td6.png

This is just in the last 24 hours, it happens every day and every year, people are literally obsessed with comparing others to him by some contrived metric.
3MT6Td6.png
Out of curiosity.... How many followers does Ronaldo have compared to MJ on Instagram?

^^^^^
You're completely deluded
If you went to any village in Africa, a village in India and straight up asked people "Who is Elvis, Who is the Beatles" based on name recognition alone, they would have no clue who they are. North Korea is a place where nobody knew MJ or anything about western society, but reporters continually went there and brought his name constantly since his death, even going into schools and saying who he was and why he was important. Now even their citizens know who MJ is because of fans like that.

Last edited:
3MT6Td6.png
does this type of thing show up on your feed, or are you seeking it out? why is it so important what others think?

If you went to any village in Africa, a village in India and straight up asked people "Who is Elvis, Who is the Beatles" based on name recognition alone, they would have no clue who they are. North Korea is a place where nobody knew MJ or anything about western society, but reporters continually went there and brought his name constantly since his death, even going into schools and saying who he was and why he was important. Now even their citizens know who MJ is because of fans like that.
I'll ask again , what are you trying to prove here?

Michael Jackson was the most famous man on earth? So what? We already know that.

You're basically saying , most famous = the best , is that your way of thinking?

I'll ask again , what are you trying to prove here?

Michael Jackson was the most famous man on earth? So what? We already know that.

You're basically saying , most famous = the best , is that your way of thinking?
I'd say fame = quality would be true for almost everything except for movies, which requires you to really watch thousands and thousands of film to gauge a opinion on it. Whereas with writing, gaming or anime, people would genuinely just say "Evangelion / Ghibli", "Mario / Zelda" "Shakespeare / Tolkein" since they are the most popular, and you'd see very little backlash towards them for doing so

3MT6Td6.png
MJ’s immense popularity has turned him into clickbait fodder, by far the easiest way to generate likes or user engagement on social media is mentioning him. The media has made billions doing this for decades with tabloid magazines and morning / evening news

I'd say fame = quality would be true for almost everything except for movies, which requires you to really watch thousands and thousands of film to gauge a opinion on it. Whereas with writing, gaming or anime, people would genuinely just say "Evangelion / Ghibli", "Mario / Zelda" "Shakespeare / Tolkein" since they are the most popular, and you'd see very little backlash towards them for doing so
Michael is not only famous for his music though, he's also infamous due to the allegations, plastic surgery, skin colour change, all which have been a fascination to the world for so many years.

Michael hasn't sold as much as Elvis or the Beatles so your logic has already failed.

Can I ask how old you are btw?

Michael is not only famous for his music though, he's also infamous due to the allegations, plastic surgery, skin colour change, all which have been a fascination to the world for so many years.
no evidence to support this, flagrantly untrue. there’s also zero evidence to support the inflated sales numbers for william shakespeare (4 billion) absurd, or even less The Beatles (600 million), Elvis Presley (500 million), Michael Jackson (750 million to 1 Billion)

no evidence to support this, flagrantly untrue. there’s also zero evidence to support the inflated sales numbers for william shakespeare (4 billion) absurd, or even less The Beatles (600 million), Elvis Presley (500 million), Michael Jackson (750 million to 1 Billion)
No evidence to support what? That he's not only famous for his music but the all the controversy?

Michael is third behind the Beatles and Elvis, id even argue that Thriller has not sold 104 million or whatever it is claimed.

If you add up all his albums sales , it does not make those total numbers.

No evidence to support what? That he's not only famous for his music but the all the controversy?

Michael is third behind the Beatles and Elvis, id even argue that Thriller has not sold 104 million or whatever it is claimed.

If you add up all his albums sales , it does not make those total numbers.
The most reliable source is the IFPI which published this in 2006.
https://web.archive.org/web/20060515021030/http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/5531
Beatles were first with 400 million, MJ is 350 million, Elvis was 300 million.
The ”controversy” had no real impact outside America, here in Spain nobody cared. People always thought he was a little weird.

The most reliable source is the IFPI which published this in 2006.
https://web.archive.org/web/20060515021030/http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/5531
Beatles were first with 400 million, MJ is 350 million, Elvis was 300 million.
The ”controversy” had no real impact outside America, here in Spain nobody cared. People always thought he was a little weird.
The controversy had no real impact outside of America? Are you for real?

As someone who lived through the era , I know fine well that Michael became known more for his bizarre behavior rather than his music releases as the years went on.

For you to dismiss that seems pretty silly.

The controversy had no real impact outside of America? Are you for real?

As someone who lived through the era , I know fine well that Michael became known more for his bizarre behavior rather than his music releases as the years went on.

For you to dismiss that seems pretty silly.
Yes. Nobody cares about the American press & most of us hate Americans. over here MJ‘s music is extremely popular.

Yes. Nobody cares about the American press & most of us hate Americans. over here MJ‘s music is extremely popular.
It wasn't just American press as you put it, the controversies were as much part of MJ's career as his music.

MJ must be an exception then seeing you as hate Americans? Ps, I'm British so I couldn't give a f*ck who you like or dislike

Back