How much MJ smoked during his lifetime?

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
I just wonder, was he a regular smoker or not? As far as i know, after his death a few boxes of cigarettes were found in his wardrobe, but if MJ smoked often he would lose his high toned voice, right (or he could bring real damage to his vocal cords)? Also, i noticed that startng from invincible era till his death, MJ voice become a little bit more rough.... Maybe it was be an consequence of him, smoking cigarettes....
6i1abtjXCKFBmIcA6wgDkno1H4bLZ-okI_PreTx0uj8.jpg

This particular photo means nothing.

Michael Jackson just poses with a cigarette in his hands (backstage, during the BAD Tour).

He took the cigarette from his personal photographer Sam Emerson, and the singer in a playful way asked to be photographed with it in his hands.

I don't think he smoked cigs but iirc his bodyguards said he had smoked weed on occasion?

I don't think he smoked cigs but iirc his bodyguards said he had smoked weed on occasion?
Frank Cascio also stated that on certain occasions they smoked weed (marijuana) together in the early '00s.

It has also been said that Michael Jackson smoked weed because British musician Barry Gibb told him that he wrote his best songs after smoking weed.

I heard Aaron Carter say something about weed as well but....I just don't see him doing it. Nahhh can't believe everything ppl say

so he wasn't a regular smoker at all? he could only smoke weed ~2-3 times per year?:D
No, he sure wasn’t a regular smoker. Have you ever seen him holding a cigarette apart from that one picture from 1987 in which we know he wasn’t holding his own cigarette?

No, he sure wasn’t a regular smoker. Have you ever seen him holding a cigarette apart from that one picture from 1987 in which we know he wasn’t holding his own cigarette?
you are right) but as far as i know, after his death a few boxes of cigarettes were found in his wardrobe... why? was it his bodyguards cigs?

you are right) but as far as i know, after his death a few boxes of cigarettes were found in his wardrobe... why? was it his bodyguards cigs?
These two empty packs of American Spirit Cigarettes (which were found in his house) do not necessarily prove that he smoked cigarettes.

He used to be surrounded by various people in his house during that period, and many of these people were smokers.

Besides, Michael Jackson's autopsy report did not mention cigarette use.

Also, the singer stated publicly that he was against smoking cigarettes because he was afraid of the diseases that one can get from it, but also for aesthetic reasons (because smoking cigarettes leads to yellow and stained teeth).

The weed that was found in his bedroom (after he died) was rotten which implies that he did not also smoke weed (at least, in his final months).

Also, the singer stated publicly that he was against smoking cigarettes because he was afraid of the diseases that one can get from it, but also for aesthetic reasons (because smoking cigarettes leads to yellow and stained teeth).
There's also that story of Michael being bothered about the gang members smoking on the set of The Way You Make Me Feel in Bad 25.

I do also remember hearing that smokers at Neverland were forced to go out front or across the road or something?

Not sure if he smoked but there is no question he did drink . He would drink Jack Daniels and red wine also. That is well known.
The masks he would wear were obviously for image.

The masks he would wear were obviously for image.
well, they were to show how ahead of time he was, he knew masks are going to be required in 2020, so he made them cool 20 years ahead of time :LOL:
He did say in one of the interviews (I can't remember which one) that masks gave him some sense of privacy like the sunglasses and also he would wear them because of sunlight sensitivity. Which seems more believable to me.

well, they were to show how ahead of time he was, he knew masks are going to be required in 2020, so he made them cool 20 years ahead of time :LOL:
He did say in one of the interviews (I can't remember which one) that masks gave him some sense of privacy like the sunglasses and also he would wear them because of sunlight sensitivity. Which seems more believable to me.
Lol totally agreed on that but they did help when he had procedures done also.

He may have smoked here and there but I don’t think he was a regular smoker.

Lol totally agreed on that but they did help when he had procedures done also.
But with a mask he would attract more attention, so the reason that he mentioned about giving him some sense of privacy was apparently an excuse on his part.

It appears that they were mainly for creating attention and mystery about him, but also for hiding make-up imperfections, or even skin discolorations.

After a point, wearing masks became a part of his whole image so he started wearing them even on high-profile occasions (like, at the Red Carpet of World Music Awards in Monaco, 1996).

Back