How to celebrate victory day

MykelTheSuperfan

Ultimate Bad era fan
Country
Canada
We all know what happened on June 13th 2005
When the truth was spoken and he was acquitted of all charges.
Any ideas to celebrate this great day?

Great question! I saw on Twitter some people were talking about trying to get some kind of hashtag about his innocence trending, but idk what that my look like.

This is actually my first year as a fan (though I am a *massive* fan) so I'm not sure what to expect for 6/13, or 6/25, or even his birthday for that matter. What do people normally do? Anything?

Great question! I saw on Twitter some people were talking about trying to get some kind of hashtag about his innocence trending, but idk what that my look like.

This is actually my first year as a fan (though I am a *massive* fan) so I'm not sure what to expect for 6/13, or 6/25, or even his birthday for that matter. What do people normally do? Anything?
I know for 25th June people used to do a World Cry day where they would listen to Cry and generally mourn Michael's passing. Don't think it ever took off in a big way and not sure if it even still happens. I think a lot of people prefer to celebrate him.

I know for 25th June people used to do a World Cry day where they would listen to Cry and generally mourn Michael's passing. Don't think it ever took off in a big way and not sure if it even still happens. I think a lot of people prefer to celebrate him.
I mean, tbh, I'm a very emotional person, so pretty much every day is a cry day for me lol. I've already cried like three times today alone! (Its 530pm where I'm at).

I do like the idea of celebrating him though! However that happens.

Always so powerful listening to this. It never gets old. So many emotions are stirred up by hearing this again.

Michael Jackson. Bless you and RIP. Love you for ever. ā¤ļø
First time I've ever watched this. Heart-wrenching. Watching him walk out of the courthouse... I can't even talk about it.

So tremendously happy justice was served, but so painful still. I can't even put into words how much I love him. I hope wherever he is, he feels the love from all of us still.

Also, thought I would share for those who aren't on Twitter. Michael has been trending, in one way or another, all day long:

#MichaelJackson
#VictoryDay
#VindicationDay
#MJInnocent
#ApologizetoMichaelJackson

First time I've ever watched this. Heart-wrenching. Watching him walk out of the courthouse... I can't even talk about it.

So tremendously happy justice was served, but so painful still. I can't even put into words how much I love him. I hope wherever he is, he feels the love from all of us still.
As if verdict day wasn't enough, he also had a credible assassination threat hanging over him on that day and had to attend court wearing a bullet proof vest on the advice of his lead security guy.

Michael, wherever you are, we love you, we respect you, we honour you and we will never forget you.

As if verdict day wasn't enough, he also had a credible assassination threat hanging over him on that day and had to attend court wearing a bullet proof vest on the advice of his lead security guy.

Michael, wherever you are, we love you, we respect you, we honour you and we will never forget you.

This is so so horrible. Poor Michael. He was such a gentle, kind soul. It's hard to stomach that this is what the world did to him. I pray for his peace. I really mean that.

I just watched interview he did with Geraldo Rivera, which is just such a remarkable interview. I just marvel at him. He is so worthy of admiration. Just the dignity and grace he showed in that entire interview is mindblowing to me. I aspire to be more like him in many ways.

I'm all in my feelings tonight. It's been a day.

This is so so horrible. Poor Michael. He was such a gentle, kind soul. It's hard to stomach that this is what the world did to him. I pray for his peace. I really mean that.
Literally. It makes me feel sick to my stomach. We know the world is a hard place. I just don't need to see it illustrated quite so graphically, thanks all the same.

I just watched interview he did with Geraldo Rivera, which is just such a remarkable interview. I just marvel at him. He is so worthy of admiration. Just the dignity and grace he showed in that entire interview is mindblowing to me. I aspire to be more like him in many ways.
I still can't bring myself to watch this one. People recommend it all the time. I've watched the first few mins so many times and then I bail.

I know he's supposed to be OK but didn't he do the 'mock' jury thing on tv? I haven't seen it, don't want to. Maybe it wasn't the gimmick I'm thinking it was. Maybe it was done to help people understand the US justice system. I don't know. But I just can't. No-one has ever posted anything (that I have seen) that has explained to me why I should watch this interview. They say it's a really nice one but never refer to this jury thing which sounds kinda horrible to me so I keep my distance.

I also don't feel strong enough, if that doesn't sound too mad and too self-centred. I've seen the bit where Geraldo asks him if he's still smiling (referencing 'Smile' I'm guessing) and Michael smiles and says yes. Obvs, that is meant to be an uplifting moment but I can't cope with it. I love Michael's bravery, his strength, his courage, his resilience. That's why I love the Charles Thomson quote so much. Michael's bravery should be acknowledged and celebrated. But actually seeing it in front of me in that moment ... I just can't deal with it. Not sure why but it crushes me.

I have seen the clip of Geraldo in the studio with Michael (Brad Buxer is there and ... someone else ... can't remember). It's a really lovely little clip - one of my faves - but the interview? I'm just not sure.
I'm all in my feelings tonight. It's been a day.
It really was.

Last edited:
I still can't bring myself to watch this one. People recommend it all the time. I've watched the first few mins so many times and then I bail.

I know he's supposed to be OK but didn't he do the 'mock' jury thing on tv? I haven't seen it, don't want to. Maybe it wasn't the gimmick I'm thinking it was. Maybe it was done to help people understand the US justice system. I don't know. But I just can't. No-one has ever posted anything (that I have seen) that has explained to me why I should watch this interview. They say it's a really nice one but never refer to this jury thing which sounds kinda horrible to me so I keep my distance.

I also don't feel strong enough, if that doesn't sound too mad and too self-centred. I've seen the bit where Geraldo asks him if he's still smiling (referencing 'Smile' I'm guessing) and Michael smiles and says yes. Obvs, that is meant to be an uplifting moment but I can't cope with it. I love Michael's bravery, his strength, his courage, his resilience. That's why I love the Charles Thomson quote so much. Michael's bravery should be acknowledged and celebrated. But actually seeing it in front of me in that moment ... I just can't deal with it. Not sure why but it crushes me.

I have seen the clip of Geraldo in the studio with Michael (Brad Buxer is there and ... someone else ... can't remember). It's a really lovely little clip - one of my faves - but the interview? I'm just not sure.

I completely understand this. You certainly don't need to rush to watch it, either. But I just want to say that I think it is genuinely the kindest any interviewer has ever treated Michael. I don't really know anything about Geraldo outside of this interview and the fact that he defends Michael to this day. But in this interview, he is extremely warm toward him and you can tell he genuinely respects him as an artist and person. The respect seems to be mutual. In this interview, they don't talk about the allegations at all and it's such a relief. They talk about how much he loves being a father, his relationship to his family (only in a positive way), friendship, music, what he thinks of contemporary music, some other controversies (Eminem, Janet's Superbowl performance, stuff like that). At the very end he does deliver a statement connected to the allegations, but it's extremely brief.

I truly think you would like the interview, but I completely support you not watching it if it's too painful. That makes total sense to me. I've seen it a couple times, but watched it yesterday because I wanted to remind myself of who Michael was during that time. Since I haven't really gotten into Invincible yet and I avoid almost anything relating to him post-2000 for my own sense of sanity, most of the interviews I return to are from very different times in his life. Watching this reminded me (as if I needed a reminder) of how consistently beautiful, peaceful, kind, and gentle he was. That bravery is heartbreaking, but it's also incredible. He has such grace. I have learned so much from him these past few months that I really think I will carry with me forever.

Interesting that Jonathan Majors court case is tomorrow. Maybe, it'll be a victory day for him as well. I'd hope so, in the event of innocence sake

Last night I listened to this snippet of his 2007 interview with Ebony Jet. It wasn't the first time I listened to it, of course, but hearing it the night before this monumental anniversary felt like a celebration. Michael sounds so youthful, happy, and enthusiastic in this. To think it was only 2 years after the unbelievable hell he went through and he sounds so full of life. It's very touching.

anyway, here is the link:

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do today. It feels so weird to see my posts from last year as a "new" fan knowing so much more now than I did then...I suppose in the grand scheme of his life and career I am still very much a "new" fan, but it doesn't feel that way at all anymore. I am so proud to be a fan of this wonderful, gentle, genius of a person. And I am so happy that 18 years ago today justice was served.

Last night I listened to this snippet of his 2007 interview with Ebony Jet. It wasn't the first time I listened to it, of course, but hearing it the night before this monumental anniversary felt like a celebration. Michael sounds so youthful, happy, and enthusiastic in this. To think it was only 2 years after the unbelievable hell he went through and he sounds so full of life. It's very touching.

anyway, here is the link:

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do today. It feels so weird to see my posts from last year as a "new" fan knowing so much more now than I did then...I suppose in the grand scheme of his life and career I am still very much a "new" fan, but it doesn't feel that way at all anymore. I am so proud to be a fan of this wonderful, gentle, genius of a person. And I am so happy that 18 years ago today justice was served.
Wow! Time certainly flies, doesnā€™t it? šŸ˜³

FygSSGNWwAAR9XF

Michael stood trial by media in 2005 and he was acquitted on all counts on June 13, 2005. Trial-by-law proved our brother Michael Jackson's innocence long ago. Many of the most damaging unfounded and unsubstantiated stories about Michael remain part of the public consciousness, causing continual damage to his legacy and to his family. We must continue our mission to take action and formally correct the record and media narrative
353720700_802093727944695_4486763900853011433_n.jpg

Source: facebook.com/officialjackson5

Back