I have done some maths

filmandmusic

Proud Member
I checked the streams of the album "Michael" on Spotify. I wrote down the exact number of streams of each song on the album on a paper and checked the same number 24 hours later. Turn out each song gets listened to about 1000 times each day (bar Hold my Hand which is at about 30 000 plays each day).

So this means the songs get streamed 365 000 times a year, so it takes them about 3 years give or take to reach a million. To reach the celebrated milestone of 100 000 000 streams it would take most of the songs on that album about 285 years :ROFLMAO:

For Hold My Hand it will take about 10 years to reach 100 000 million streams (30000 streams a day). At the current rate it is going it will reach the 100 million milestone somewhere in December this year or January next year as it is currently streamed 90 million times in total.

I might check out his other albums too when I feel like it.

This was just for fun and I wanted to share.

Michael was never the most popular album and was doomed from the beginning due to obvious reasons.

Those 1000 streams per day are presumably Sony bots.šŸ¤£

The 7 MJ songs on the album is great. Had MJ not died I could easy imagine him releasing those songs sounding very much like that.

BUT - all the controversy, the fake songs, all the fan boy-cutts etc. made Michael a total disaster which was sad. - Focus should have been on celebrating the 7 great MJ songs.

Reactions: MJ5
The 7 MJ songs on the album is great. Had MJ not died I could easy imagine him releasing those songs sounding very much like that.

BUT - all the controversy, the fake songs, all the fan boy-cutts etc. made Michael a total disaster which was sad. - Focus should have been on celebrating the 7 great MJ songs.

Well judging from the leaked demo's of much too soon and (I like the) way you love me the songs haven't changed much at all. So I don't know really why some production changes had to be made in the first place.
Both those songs are some of the happiest sounding MJ songs since his early days. It is refreshing over his mostly angry (justifiable) songs he did the decade before. The Cascio tracks, fake or not, have no place on the album as I believe MJ was finally turning tables and started to feel happy again because he sounds excellent on best of joy and like the way you love me.

The Cascio tracks, fake or not, have no place on the album as I believe MJ was finally turning tables and started to feel happy again because he sounds excellent on best of joy and like the way you love me.
Not sure about this. Both of these songs were written in the 90s and The Way You Love Me was actually recorded in 1998.

He does sound pretty good on Best Of Joy though, youā€™re right.

Not sure about this. Both of these songs were written in the 90s and The Way You Love Me was actually recorded in 1998.

He does sound pretty good on Best Of Joy though, youā€™re right.

In that case my theory doesnā€™t hold up, though we of course donā€˜t know which versions we heard on ā€œMichaelā€. It could have completely different vocals than the earliest versions.

In that case my theory doesnā€™t hold up, though we of course donā€˜t know which versions we heard on ā€œMichaelā€. It could have completely different vocals than the earliest versions.

The vocals on Best Of Joy were re recorded in 08 yeah. The Way You Love Me has the same vocals as the demo that's on The Ultimate Collection. There's been speculation that Neff-U was given the demo to work on by MJ and that's why it ended up on the album, but I haven't seen any proof of that, even if that's the case the vocals were the same.

Back