If Mike was invited back to do another Superbowl, what would your ideal setlist look like?

1. They Don’t Care About Us
2. Smooth Criminal
3. Dangerous
4. Human Nature
5. Billie Jean

1. Unbreakable
  2. Beat It
  3. Threatened
  4. Keep the Faith
The first three songs in medley form, Keep the Faith in full.

The ideal setlist would have been anything other than what HE would have done:

Dangerous, Billie Jean, Earth Song (or Heal the world) and Black or White.

A 2nd Superbowl shoudl have been the greatest chance to make a POWERFUL performance of THRILLER, BAD and SMOOTH CRIMINAL I.M.O

MAN IN THE MIRROR should have been in the mix.

And THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US of course.

I can understand that this is about fans' desires, but fans have to be also realistic.

Michael Jackson had a completely different approach towards that Super Bowl performance.

He was against performing a medley of some of his songs.

Super Bowl halftime show's executive producer revealed that the singer wanted to perform only 'Heal The World' for the entirety of the 12-minute performance.

They actually had to convince him in order to perform also some of his other songs ('Jam', 'Billie Jean', etc) in medley form.

So, if he was invited back to do another Super Bowl performance, apparently he would have seized at the opportunity to fulfill his dream (i.e., performing only 'Heal The World').

I did not mean that he should perform all of the unreleased stuff, I meant that what he would perform should be unreleased stuff ;-)
It would be great though. Michael performing all of his songs and the super bowl is the half time show instead of the other way round.

I did not mean that he should perform all of the unreleased stuff, I meant that what he would perform should be unreleased stuff ;-)
Why would he perform songs that no one knows the lyrics to? It doesn't make sense to perform unreleased music.

People can't hear a song if they never heard it and don't know the lyrics? What?

(Oh no, wait! Call Michael-from-the-past and tell him he should not perform You Were There and Elisabeth I Love You! )

1. The Way You Make Me Feel
2. Billie Jean
3. Another Part Of Me
4. Black Or White
5. Man In The Mirror

It would be great though. Michael performing all of his songs and the super bowl is the half time show instead of the other way round.
SuperMichael

and the half time show is Football
(Oh no, wait! Call Michael-from-the-past and tell him he should not perform You Were There and Elisabeth I Love You! )
yeah those were small time performances dedicated to artists

superbowl is the number 1 sporting event that hundreds of millions, if not a billion people watch

I don't know people, debuting black or white in front of a billion people sounds like one hell of a promotion and with a positive message to booth. It could be a good idea

Good question as always my friend

1. Bad
2. They Don't Care About Us
3. Another Part Of Me
4. Man In The Mirror

Michael Jackson had a completely different approach towards that Super Bowl performance.

He was against performing a medley of some of his songs.

Super Bowl halftime show's executive producer revealed that the singer wanted to perform only 'Heal The World' for the entirety of the 12-minute performance.

They actually had to convince him in order to perform also some of his other songs ('Jam', 'Billie Jean', etc) in medley form.

That's not what I heard in documentaries... I heard the story Michael only wanted to do songs from Dangerous. Not older songs.

If he did change his mind on performing his other songs and hits. My ideal setlist would be...
TIMELINE- As a one-off from the This Is It tour, February 7, 2010.

1. Jam/Another Part of Me (Short Opening SB Medley) (MJ uses the TIT dancers, right when they are getting to the Breakdown part when they use that APOM sample, it transitions into APOM for a minute)

2. Scream w/ Janet Jackson (MJ invites his sister to perform their hit together, with the video montage playing. Janet's crew and MJ's crew comes together to do the dance. ENDS out of nowhere, cuts to home footage of MJ and his brothers, goes to the next song)

3. Dancing Machine & Rock With You (w/ the Jackson Brothers) (MJ and his brothers perform DM, then switches to RWY with his brothers on backup)

4. Billie Jean (with his new light-up BJ attire) (the timeframe will be similar and short, just like the 1995 MTV Version)

5. Best of Joy (final song, it will be the actual first premiere of his new song, accompanying the tour and would be performed with his 3 kids, finally revealing them to the world in the Halftime Show) (The whole stadium would be lit up, with certain areas holding color cards similar to HTW in the Super Bowl Halftime Show in 93'.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back