I’m in Love Again

I always forget about this tune, but I think it’s a fair argument to use about whether or not MJ would consent to his material being adjusted posthumously (on top of him never addressing it in a will or to any collaborators). If he’s gonna do it, seems hypocritical to then be against it.

I always forget about this tune, but I think it’s a fair argument to use about whether or not MJ would consent to his material being adjusted posthumously (on top of him never addressing it in a will or to any collaborators). If he’s gonna do it, seems hypocritical to then be against it.
Indeed. I’ve thought about that, too.

I don't understand this argument ...

... if this is the case, sounds like Minnie's vocals were not adjusted. So how is it the same as Michael's own vocals being worked on posthumously? 🤔
It is more to do with taking the vocals and putting them in a new context. Think: altering the instrumentals for Michael’s recordings, which is what happened with the two posthumous Michael albums. Minnie recorded I’m in Love Again without intending it to be a duet, yet a duet it became after her passing.

It is more to do with taking the vocals and putting them in a new context. Think: altering the instrumentals for Michael’s recordings, which is what happened with the two posthumous Michael albums. Minnie recorded I’m in Love Again without intending it to be a duet, yet a duet it became after her passing.
No, I JUST deleted my comment. My brain just woke up!

As you were, people! :)

Back