In Our Small Way on both Got To Be There and Ben

love1sfatal

hello august moon where are the stars of the night
i was going through the Motown solo albums the other day and noticed this track is for some reason on both of these albums. anyone happens to know why this is the case??

I remember reading in one of my MJ books that theorized that (from what I remember), they used it again due to the "Ben" album being hastily produced in time for the MOVIE "Ben." So instead of making more time to make the album have ALL original tracks, they most likely cut time off by just re-using one of the songs from the previous solo album.

here's the excerpt from the book:
672337_1684853627_e69c3afb-9bb9-4871-ac2c-2a834c27914c.jpg

and this is the book source:
51mKFPYprZS._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

hope this helped!

This is all the evidence we need that the Estate should redo Hollywood Tonight and put it on a new album next.

Next album will feature billie jean and thriller and beat it etc as it will be another hits package after the biopic releases 🤯

i was going through the Motown solo albums the other day and noticed this track is for some reason on both of these albums. anyone happens to know why this is the case??
i know, i saw that too! i was doing an online quiz in my free time about his studio albums and their songs (😂) and it showed up on both!

It's just another one of those anomalies. The way some songs made their debut as a B-side and were subsequently included on albums.

It makes little sense in my head as by this time there were probably dozens of unused recordings already in the vault.
That's true. Literally 3 albums worth.

Back