In this thread: Post your favourite MJ song & favourite video game

favourite pic
65170dd1bf26d90884ee05eee3300a9e.jpg

favourite game
Michael_Jackson%27s_Moonwalker_%28game%29.jpg

favourite song: Off the Wall
favourite game:
I'm still so fucking angry at Sega over the Dreamcast, and all of the stupid shit they did. I'll never let it go. Also best Dreamcast game coming through right here

I'm still so fucking angry at Sega over the Dreamcast, and all of the stupid shit they did. I'll never let it go. Also best Dreamcast game coming through right here
I've had a mega drive, PS1 , Dreamcast etc through the years.

How old were you when the Dreamcast was released?

I've had a mega drive, PS1 , Dreamcast etc through the years.

How old were you when the Dreamcast was released?
I was born in 1998 and immediately left America. So i was growing up during 9/11, Invincible/Trial years, the end of the attitude era, the end of the console wars, the fucking star wars prequels and Harry Potter time period. I didn't get to experience any of the good shit until i got older

As a kid during that time, Skateboarding was the biggest thing hands down. Everyone really loved that, of course we have Baseball, Basketball, Hockey over here, but most kids at the time were into Skateboarding.
For video games, The Nintendo 64 and Nintendo GameCube were the biggest here at first. In the early 00s here, the most popular games were Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Red and Blue and Super Smash Bros n64, by the mid 2000s it switched to Halo which was really huge when 2 came out. By the time 2006-08 hit, everyone at schools here dropped Nintendo in favor of The Elder Scrolls, COD and Halo. PS2 wasn't as popular here as Nintendo or Xbox, but the kids that had a PS2 pretty much exclusively used it for Grand Theft Auto, to the point i didn't even know what FF was until i read about 13 in a video game magazine
In terms of Movies, Harry Potter was always the most popular by a longshot, along with Pirates of the Caribbean and Scream which was consistently the most cosplayed costume for Halloween every year
Most popular singer in elementary school from what i remember was Eminem and Britney Spears, along with 50 Cent. Michael was basically the only retro artist you heard people bring up on the playground, not so say he wasn't popular because he was, but he wasn't seen as cool with kids back then compared to the other newer hip hop stars. I think Eminem was the clear top dog in popularity though until 2009.

Last edited:
I was born in 1998 and immediately left America. So i was growing up during 9/11, Invincible/Trial years, the end of the attitude era, the end of the console wars, the fucking star wars prequels and Harry Potter time period. I didn't get to experience any of the good shit until i got older

As a kid during that time, Skateboarding was the biggest thing hands down. Everyone really loved that, of course we have Baseball, Basketball, Hockey over here, but most kids at the time were into Skateboarding.
For video games, The Nintendo 64 and Nintendo GameCube were the biggest here at first. In the early 00s here, the most popular games were Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Red and Blue and Super Smash Bros n64, by the mid 2000s it switched to Halo which was really huge when 2 came out. By the time 2006-08 hit, everyone at schools here dropped Nintendo in favor of The Elder Scrolls, COD and Halo. PS2 wasn't as popular here as Nintendo or Xbox, but the kids that had a PS2 pretty much exclusively used it for Grand Theft Auto, to the point i didn't even know what FF was until i read about 13 in a video game magazine
In terms of Movies, Harry Potter was always the most popular by a longshot, along with Pirates of the Caribbean and Scream which was consistently the most cosplayed costume for Halloween every year
Most popular singer in elementary school from what i remember was Eminem and Britney Spears, along with 50 Cent. Michael was basically the only retro artist you heard people bring up on the playground, not so say he wasn't popular because he was, but he wasn't seen as cool with kids back then compared to the other newer hip hop stars. I think Eminem was the clear top dog in popularity though until 2009.
Wow. You are 4 years older than me. Incredible.

Very good recollection of your life growing up, thank you for sharing your story.

Back