Is Billie Jean the best song on Thriller?

Billie Jean is so iconic that it's hard for me to find a precise line of reasoning. It's as if I'm appreciating a piece of cultural heritage. It's a different feeling from listening to any other song.

It's not my favorite song of all time, but I'm just one person.

It's true that Billie Jean is the most popular, even my pet fish knows it.

Billie Jean is so iconic that it's hard for me to find a precise line of reasoning. It's as if I'm appreciating a piece of cultural heritage. It's a different feeling from listening to any other song.

It's not my favorite song of all time, but I'm just one person.

It's true that Billie Jean is the most popular, even my pet fish knows it.
Is Billie Jean really more popular than Thriller though?

Is Billie Jean really more popular than Thriller though?
Billie Jean is superior to Thriller in every way in terms of the song itself I believe.

Thriller as a song is nothing special but the video and theme /jacket really elevates it and the music is instantly recognisable as a result.

Thriller without the video and iconic look is just an average track called Starlight.

Even if no moonwalk and hat, glove was associated with BJ, it is still an incredible song. Plus bonus is that it was written by MJ

to me almost every song on Thriller is as good as Billie Jean if not better

Almost every track on Thriller is a classic, that's for sure, bar the girl is mine and baby be mine ... PYT probably in the bottom half with those two.

Nothing beats this though

Sometimes, I am a bit odd in that I am not a big fan of the ‘signature song’ of an act I am a big fan of.
That is the case with MJ, I am not so into Billie Jean.
On Thriller, I prefer WBSS, Beat It, PYT and the title track.

Sometimes, I am a bit odd in that I am not a big fan of the ‘signature song’ of an act I am a big fan of.
That is the case with MJ, I am not so into Billie Jean.
On Thriller, I prefer WBSS, Beat It, PYT and the title track.
Most of us are that way. The hardcore fans outgrow it. On the average I don't listen to the Thriller album at all.

Billie Jean will always be special though, it'll always make me think of the first time I really heard it, on the Weather Channel, the night of his memorial service. It was truly, impossible to forget.

Sidenote, I actually have a lotta love for The Girl is Mine, most people insist that's his worst song. Really it's the most MJ of all the tunes. The Weeknd, Bruno, JT, et all, didn't do cheese like him, and that's half the reason I like him.

Most of us are that way.
I’m not but I understand what you wanna say, I used to be the same but life goes in circles and I’m right back at the beginning I guess.
On the average I don't listen to the Thriller album at all.
I do frequently
Sidenote, I actually have a lotta love for The Girl is Mine, most people insist that's his worst song. Really it's the most MJ of all the tunes. The Weeknd, Bruno, JT, et all, didn't do cheese like him, and that's half the reason I like him.
TGIM is indeed classic MJ. I always liked it but I truly appreciated it when I heard Michael beatbox the song. It was my most listened to song of 2023 according to Spotify which surprised even me.

That much energy combined with live vocals. I wanna see someone else give it a go at this intensity. It’s an insane performance!
Spot on!! This is why I always enjoy this type of performance over a HIStory tour version as an example.

You can't replicate the same type of spontaneous energy and the live vocals when lip syncing.

Live singing is King 🤴

Yes it is. I know the song gets played a lot and some fans get sick of it (not me) but the song is absoutley timeless. You can play it along side any modern song from today and it wouldn't sound old or out of place.

Back