Is it possible that Michael Wrote Fall Again on 25 June 1999?

Another fun fact: MJ never returned to the song because he wanted the last third to have additional key changes (similar to how the end of “The Way You Love Me” keeps gets higher and higher), but the responsible parties never made the changes, so he never re-cut his vocals.

Damn kids why do they get sick at such inappropriate moments 😤

Last edited:
Another fun fact: MJ never returned to the song because he wanted the last third to have additional key changes (similar to how the end of “The Way You Love Me” keeps gets higher and higher), but the responsible parties never made the changes, so he never re-cut his vocals.

This is cool info but where did you hear this? I'd love to learn more about the song and why it was never finished.

The interesting thing about 'Fall Again' is that Robin Thicke and Walter Afanasieff wrote that song not for Michael Jackson, but as a duet for Madonna and Ricky Martin.

But when the songwriters sent it to Tommy Mottola and he listened to it, Tommy Mottola changed his mind and thought that the song should instead be recorded by Michael Jackson for his upcoming new album.

Michael Jackson never seemed to be really satisfied with that song, which explains not only his unwillingness to finish it for his 'Invincible' album, but also his decision to get rid of it by putting it in 'The Ultimate Collection' box set (2004).

Michael was wrong, fall again is a fantastic r&b track, one of his best

Back