Is MJ actually heard in You're The One?

Maxym

Proud Member
Donations
$6.00
Since I noticed it I'm wondering... could it be MJ whispering "You're The One" at 4:01?
Hard to tell...
That would be uncredited.

Since I noticed it I'm wondering... could it be MJ whispering "You're The One" at 4:01?
Hard to tell...
That would be uncredited.

I think it's rather safe to assume that's him alright. It definitely sounds like him and it would surely make all the sense in the world, if the tune was indeed written by Michael with Alan 'Buz' Kohan and produced by Michael, per this source.

One question - is the 4:01 moment the only one in the song where you can hear that sweet, familiar voice whispering? For some stranger reason, I remember hearing it more than once throughout the tune. Not sure about it, though.

It is not good for man to be alone (Ephesians 5:25-33)

One question - is the 4:01 moment the only one in the song where you can hear that sweet, familiar voice whispering? For some stranger reason, I remember hearing it more than once throughout the tune. Not sure about it, though.

I just re-listened it from my rip (so timecodes may slightly differ from the YouTube link), this can be heard around 1:29, 2:51, 4:06

And at some point I've been afraid that my rip was playing too slow but after further analysis, the rip in this video is playing slightly too fast.

I love this arrangement and the lyrics. It's a beautiful song and certainly sounds like something he would have written. I have listened to it a few times and you if you pay close attention, you can hear the whisper more than once.

Back