Is this version of ghosts an alternate take or a remix?

filmandmusic

Proud Member
It’s really cool, especially the outro which is similar to the version on the short film end credits. Maybe it is the exact same, I cannot remember.
If this is an official alternate take approved by MJ then it’s a shame this version didn’t end up on BOTDF imo. The problem is I never know what is real out there in the world of MJ music. You guys are probably going to tell me it is a fanmade remix.

afaik this is just an earlier mix of ghosts or it's just a different mix, out of ie. 80 different mixes.
MJ was very picky when he had to find out what's the best mix for a certain song.
imo it's better than the released one. that funk is badass <3

but yea, it's real. not fanmade

It’s really cool, especially the outro which is similar to the version on the short film end credits. Maybe it is the exact same, I cannot remember.
If this is an official alternate take approved by MJ then it’s a shame this version didn’t end up on BOTDF imo. The problem is I never know what is real out there in the world of MJ music. You guys are probably going to tell me it is a fanmade remix.
I thought it was a demo/early mix. But, definitely better imo to released one. Love the, what I would call, cinematic feel (background sounds)

This gets me thinking are there other songs where the alternate cuts are actually better than the album cuts?

I personally also prefer the acoustic guitar cut of she’s out of my life.

This gets me thinking are there other songs where the alternate cuts are actually better than the album cuts?

I personally also prefer the acoustic guitar cut of she’s out of my life.
Yeah, that demo is so good actually. The best version.

The rough demo of Remember the Time, I like way more than what's on Dangerous.

I think the 7" of Off The Wall is super catchy. Not better but pretty good.

And In The Closet, the album version vs the Single Cut. Both have their appeal.

2 Bad in Ghosts, catchier than the album version.

There's also the Butterflies Promo Edit, mastered way better with extra vocals at the end.

Hollywood Tonight Throwback Version I like more personally.

And, Love Never Felt So Good Duet Version, the production is pretty great to me.

Back