jehovah witness waning michael to quit music and not be in touch with siblings

LaToya's words are always to be taken with a grain of salt..Prince became a Witness while being a huge music star and continued being so until his death

Last edited:
The starting point of his departure from the Jehovah's Witnesses was his 'Thriller' music video.

The 'Thriller' music video promoted demonology (i.e., study of demons), and this was against that religion.

A disclaimer at the start of that music video (which stated that it did not reflect his personal views) did not help at all.

Also, Michael Jackson started to grab his crotch area while performing during the final shows of the 'Victory' Tour (because he knew that his female fans liked that dance move), but this was against that religion too.

As a result of these, Michael Jackson began to feel confined (as an artist) by the Jehovah's Witnesses, so he later (in 1987) decided to abandon that religion.

The starting point of his departure from the Jehovah's Witnesses was his 'Thriller' music video.

The 'Thriller' music video promoted demonology (i.e., study of demons), and this was against that religion.

A disclaimer at the start of that music video (which stated that it did not reflect his personal views) did not help at all.

Also, Michael Jackson started to grab his crotch area while performing during the final shows of the 'Victory' Tour (because he knew that his female fans liked that dance move), but this was against that religion too.

As a result of these, Michael Jackson began to feel confined (as an artist) by the Jehovah's Witnesses, so he later (in 1987) decided to abandon that religion.
that what i thought was the reason mj left jevoah witness's but according to someome on twitter it was more than that

LaToya's words are always to be taken with a grain of salt..Prince became a Witness while being a huge music star and continued being so until his death
yeh but prince never grabbed his crotch etc..

…and this is exactly why nobody from his family except his mother got anything in his will..always using him for $ and attention.

Back