Jeremy Lubbock has passed away

NatureCriminal7896

Proud Member
Jeremy Lubbock has passed away. It is unclear of the reasons of his death.

Jeremy is a British-Born musician, producer, arranger and songwriter and has established himself as a unique and important presence in popular music with his uncanny ability to work in a wide variety of musical styles.

Michael Jackson fans might have notice his name in many Michael Jackson Albums.

He first arranged with Quincy Jones the Album “ET” narrated by Michael Jackson.

He especially was noticed for 2 songs on HIStory and 3 songs for Invincible but also worked on Brotherhood of the 3T.

He did instruments on “Thriller”, “Billie Jean” and “Why” duet with the 3T; he wrote and arranged “Anything”, “Why” [3T], “Whatever Happens”, “Heaven Can’t Wait”, “Earth Song” but also credited on “Blood On The Dance Floor – HIStory in the Mix”, “King of Pop”, “Thriller 25”, “Michael Jackson The Essential” and “This Is It”.

Jeremy is a big part of Michael Jackson’s catalogue and he will be missed very much. Rest in Peace!

https://www.jeremylubbock.co/

@Agonum

Can't be bothered to start a new thread. This will have to do.

Thought you might wanna listen to these interviews. Part 1, I haven't listened to all of it. Skipped through it really quickly trying to find out where he talks about Michael but couldn't find it. He's a good interviewee, though, so I will listen to it properly at some point.

Part 1 - Jeremy Lubbock interviewed by Richard Niles. Mentions Nathan East at approx 19m 15s.

59m 46s

Part 2 - I've listened to all of this. Loved it, he's a great storyteller. He's talking a lot about melody in this one. My fave part starts at 10m.

14m 34s

@Agonum

Can't be bothered to start a new thread. This will have to do.

Thought you might wanna listen to these interviews. Part 1, I haven't listened to all of it. Skipped through it really quickly trying to find out where he talks about Michael but couldn't find it. He's a good interviewee, though, so I will listen to it properly at some point.

Part 1 - Jeremy Lubbock interviewed by Richard Niles. Mentions Nathan East at approx 19m 15s.

59m 46s

Part 2 - I've listened to all of this. Loved it, he's a great storyteller. He's talking a lot about melody in this one. My fave part starts at 10m.

14m 34s

Never knew he’d passed! 😢

A lot to digest. Thank you for tagging me.

Jeremy Lubbock / Blue Interlude (Based on "Chopin Prelude in C Minor")

from the album Awakening with the London Symphony Orchestra
Vocal: Darlene Koldenhoven
Conductor: John Lubbock

5m 34s

During the recording of SMILE, the orchestra had been listening to Michael sing through their individual microphones. When Michael walked out into the studio, every member of the fifty piece orchestra stood up and tapped their music stands with their bows, as loud as they could. Jeremy Lubbock stood on the conductor’s podium and also applauded as loud as he could. I was applauding by myself in the control room as loud as I could.” Bruce Swedien

jeremy-lubbock01-1.jpg

Jeremy Lubbock / Blue Interlude (Based on "Chopin Prelude in C Minor")

from the album Awakening with the London Symphony Orchestra
Vocal: Darlene Koldenhoven
Conductor: John Lubbock

5m 34s

Yes! His brother, John, is tremendously talented, too!

Back