Kelly Rowland is underrated. (From Destiny's Child)

MJLegendaryICONIC

Proud Member
Kelly Rowland came from the famous group Destiny's Child that arrived on the scene in the late 90s. The breakout star from the group to have massive success is Beyoncé. I was never a big fan of the group itself and have also liked Beyonce But was instantly a bigger fan of Thee Kelly Rowland.

The thing is Kelly has never had real backing from the music industry. Dispite being immensely talented with a gorgeous vocal tone
She has never, ever had anyone in her circle pushing her to be outstanding therefore she developed gigantic insecurity issues that gave her the most terrible stage fright, that stage fright put her in a bad light because for many years people would assume that she wasn't a good live performer therefore believing she wasn't talented. On one hand I felt so bad for her because that was a lot of pressure to live up to
but the fighter in me just wanted her to get it together and push for her own greatness dispite what everyone else thought.

It took many years, including more management and label changes But I feel that she is finally at a stage where she can recognize her gift. I saw it in her latest performances, I see it in her overall interviews and she just seems like a completely more confident artist than when she first arrived on the scene solo.

Outside of Kelly's hurdles as a soloist she has been apart of some great things, that people seem to overlook.

Kelly was the first member of Destiny's Child with a number 1 hit (number one worldwide) song with her duet with the rapper Nelly (Dilemma) it won a Grammy, it's sold over 8 million records (probably close to 10) has over 1.2 billion views on YouTube. She was also the first member with a Number 1 album, Her first album went number 1 and certified Platinum in the UK and Her first official solo record "Stole" was number 2 on the UK charts
She was the first to pioneer the EDM wave that happened in the last decade with pop stars collaborating with DJ's when she collaborated with DJ David Guetta from france for another worldwide hit with their song "When love takes over" ovet 5x Platinum
After her string of successful dance records Kelly returned to R&B and released one of her biggest solo records in America "Motivation" which is currently eligible for 4x Platinum at the time of it's release it was number 1 for 7 weeks on the R&B and Hiphop charts and nominated for a Grammy .

She also has some noteworthy performances under her belt Motivation at BET awards 2011 was the most talked about performance of the night, Gone( also a BET performance), Her tribute to Mariah Carey , Her tributes to Michael Jackson on The Voice and Her performance medley on Good morning America among a few more other one's..

Kelly is my favorite for a reason because she's talented, humble, honest and she truly cares about the world, she's such a giving woman! everyone who has come across has stated this.
She also so vocal about all in justices as well as always one of the first to give all she has to those in need.

Last edited:
Back