Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

This is so cool
“In October 2014, Bill Wolfer, the keyboard player on the song, was the first to share his recollection of the making of Say Say Say. He related how Michael Jackson called to ask him to make a finished demo using a cassette on which he and Paul McCartney had recorded their two voices plus a single guitar line. Bill Wolfer described in detail the process of making the demo, explaining how the rhythm had been worked out on a Linn LM-1, before a basic version was laid on a four-track recorder using a Rhodes piano, with bass notes and percussion played on a synthesizer. This initial demo was used in the studio a few days later to lay Nate Watts’s bass line and Ricky Lawson’s drums. Those same lines had originally been given to the drummer Jonathan Moffett and bass player Mike McKinney, who were regulars on the Jacksons’ tours, but their experience of live performance did not suit the more rigorous discipline of the studio. David Williams came on the scene later to overdub some guitar. Little by little the demo was completed, with the addition of further overdubs on the synthesizer, a brass track, and a harmonica solo by Chris Smith. The harmonica player remembered his astonishment at finding himself in the studio with Michael Jackson, who was standing close to him and began to sing into his ear. Nevertheless, he still managed to wrap it up in one take. Gradually, the young star began to admit to Bill Wolfer that he wanted to produce a complete 24-track recording, in the hope that Paul McCartney would use this version. All that would remain was to add their voices and mix everything. And this sophisticated demo did indeed become the final version, just as he’d hoped—with the difference that the bass line by Nate Watts was replaced by a new track played by the ex-Beatle.”

Excerpt From
Michael Jackson: All the Songs
François Allard & Richard Lecocq
This material may be protected by copyright.

@Mister_Jay_Tee @SmoothGangsta @threepea11 @Fuzball

Back to Streetwalker. Quincy didn't touch that song. There's 3 versions of it right?

1986 version that leaked from the laptop
1987 leaked version that's LQ with the Wild West intro
1987 released version with the 1988 mix

Also, I feel like SW is still incomplete and contains a few placeholder lyrics

@Mister_Jay_Tee @SmoothGangsta @threepea11 @Fuzball

Back to Streetwalker. Quincy didn't touch that song. There's 3 versions of it right?

5 actually, + the demo/working title of Streetwalker called "Florida Groove" and an alternative version of the 1988 remix where the drums are replaced by repurposed trash can sounds.

5 actually, + the demo/working title of Streetwalker called "Florida Groove" and an alternative version of the 1988 remix where the drums are replaced by repurposed trash can sounds.
Is Floria Groove different vocally or are we dealing with a Hot Fever/TWYMMF situation?

But at the end of the 1986 version Michael is talking to Bruce, which suggests it was recorded at Westlake with Q rather than at Hayvenhurst, correct me if I'm wrong?

The earliest Street Walker version is a completely different mix and Quincy did work on that. He disliked the song tho. That’s what Brad told us.

I have heard the mix and it‘s by far the nicest version of all.
You mean version that leaked from laptop that has different lyrics

So lemme get this straight, there 5 versions

1986 Instrumental Demo
1986 Demo #1
1986 Demo #2
1987 “Final“ Version
1988 Released Mix
I know these ones:

1. Rough Mix (mumbled, basic instrumentals)
2. Rough Mix (Work tape, full instrumentals)
3. QJs version
4. Brads version
5. Released

But I believe there was some version inbetween 4 and 5. Might have it somewhere.

Interesting song names..https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/writer/125949944/BUXER%20BRADLEY%20D

Interesting song names..https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/writer/125949944/BUXER%20BRADLEY%20D
Most of those don't seem to be MJ related, you can find some of those songs on YT/Spotify if you search for it. The only MJ song from there that is completely mysterious at this point in time is Pray For Peace.

on n'a pas déjà la chanson ? De quoi avons-nous besoin de plus de ce disque en particulier ?
No actually that is full crowd funding for the song in HQ not remake at all if someone interested contact me the song is only for 450$ but you can only put 50$ we need 4 more person at total

Back