Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

This the full video when they talked about changes
This footage is so precious man, not just to see Michael actually creating and orchestrating his work, but to see how talented and attentive his collaborators were too.

Also hearing Mike throw out ideas for the adlibs, around 14 minutes in, is just amazing to see as a fan, his voice was effortless, the man had a gift.

This is a demo from Bill Botrell during the Barhain sessions. The session singer is Brian McCleod. MJ never sang on this track.
To complete :
"By the time Bottrell and the drummer Brian MacLeod arrived in Bahrain to record songs for the album, in June 2006, Jackson had left the country."

New little news of the day:

In this Jet Mag from November 22, 1982, one week before Thriller, It's mentioned MJ's next collaboration on Gladys Knight's next album. The album "Visions" released in 1983 will not have any collaboration from MJ. If anyone has more information, I'm interested.

IMG-20230918-174238.png

Last edited:
Source? The only song from the Bahrain sessions confirmed to have vocals is “I Have This Dream” which was recorded prior to these sessions. Michael Prince has said before that Michael did not record any vocals during his stay in Bahrain.

Source? The only song from the Bahrain sessions confirmed to have vocals is “I Have This Dream” which was recorded prior to these sessions. Michael Prince has said before that Michael did not record any vocals during his stay in Bahrain.
Damien and the background vocalist for the song both confirmed that the song has vocals. The question is how much vocals does it have.
"I kick myself about He Who Makes The Sky Grey. I have heard it, and it has a vocal on it, but I don't have ANY notes. I wasn't in a position to take notes the entire day I heard it, and the details have slipped my mind. The only thing I can remember is the song was not uptempo."

"‘The track was done a while ago now and was called He Who Makes The Sky Grey, but has not been released to date and I don’t know if it ever will be,’ said backing vocalist, Kim Chandler. ‘Michael’s vocals were already down, so we didn’t get to meet him, unfortunately. However, he did ring up during the session, to speak to the session conductor – she was pretty excited!’ "
- For The Record book

Little news of the day:

We often see the title "A Pretty Face Is" in unreleased lists, but I have never seen the source here.

The first mention of this title comes from Jet published on May 30, 1988.

It's a duet that was considered during Stevie Wonder's "Characters" sessions in 1987. He originally wrote this song in 1974 for a Jackson 5 album. In Jet Magazine, there is mention of a "Characters 2" album for October 1988, and it is possible that the song was being considered for that album. Regardless, the album was never released and remains unreleased. Given that "Get It" was recorded remotely, it's possible that "A Pretty Face Is" was as well. Unless I'm mistaken, the song was never mentioned again.

content

content

Hope this info was useful to you 🙂

Little news of the day:

We often see the title "A Pretty Face Is" in unreleased lists, but I have never seen the source here.

It's a duet that was considered during Stevie Wonder's "Characters" sessions in 1987. He originally wrote this song in 1974 for a Jackson 5 album. In Jet Magazine, there is mention of a "Characters 2" album for October 1988, and it is possible that the song was being considered for that album. Regardless, the album was never released and remains unreleased. Given that "Get It" was recorded remotely, it's possible that "A Pretty Face Is" was as well. Unless I'm mistaken, the song was never mentioned again.

content

content

Well if it's in the Stevie's vault we'll never hear it. He's gonna have it all destroyed upon his Demise.

Little news of the day:

content

content

Shame we never got that video.

Well if it's in the Stevie's vault we'll never hear it. He's gonna have it all destroyed upon his Demise.
Even though that's Stevie's wishes and he's one of my favourite artists. Destroying his unreleased works would be a crime against humanity.

The man is a genius. I need a new album from him, it's almost been 20 years since his last record 😩

Who knows about songs called far far away and also Neverland landing

Last edited:
Michael Jackson (1958–2009) was an American musician and entertainer. He is known to have written, recorded, and filmed material that has never been officially released. Many of his unreleased songs have been registered—usually by his company Mijac Music—with professional bodies such as the United States Copyright Office, the Songwriters Hall of Fame, Broadcast Music Incorporated (BMI), American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (ASCAP), the Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency (CMRRA) and EMI Music Publishing.[1] This list, however, only documents the songs explicitly cited as unreleased and therefore does not contain every unreleased Jackson song registered with such bodies.

Many officially unreleased Jackson songs had been scheduled, at one point, for release, through ways such as his six solo studio albums with music label Epic Records: Off the Wall (1979), Thriller (1982), Bad (1987), Dangerous (1991), HIStory (1995) and Invincible (2001) and the remix album Blood on the Dance Floor: HIStory in the Mix (1997). For varying reasons, the tracks were rejected and, as of 2023, remain unreleased. Jackson's unreleased material includes songs recorded as a solo artist (including covers of songs released by other artists and the Jackson 5 songs) and demo versions, some featuring established artists such as Freddie Mercury and Barry Gibb. Between 1974 and 2009, Jackson recorded "at least 1,000–2,000 songs" according to close partners Bill Bottrell and Bruce Swedien. Bottrell claimed "only a small percentage of Michael's full catalog has been released", and that "he recorded a lot of music in his 3 decade career".

In 2009, after Jackson's sudden death, La Toya Jackson said that she had discovered two hard disks at her brother's home that contained more than 100 unreleased songs, many of which were unregistered.[2] Several of Jackson's songs have been leaked onto the Internet, such as a 24-second segment of "A Place with No Name" leaked by TMZ.com following Jackson's death.[3] At the time of the leak, it was claimed that there were "thousands" of unreleased songs by Jackson, and that they could be issued for years to come. The curator of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Jim Henke, noted that any future releases would garner significant attention.[4][5][6] On March 16, 2010, Sony Music Entertainment signed a $250 million deal with Jackson's estate to retain distribution rights to his recordings until 2017 and release ten posthumous albums over the next decade, but this did not come to fruition as only three posthumous albums were released.[7]

Back