List of Michael Jackson's famous moves

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
Can anybody write a list of all (or at least of majority) MJ moves, please. I started to learn MJ' dance style with my friend. And we would like to properly define every motion, so it will be easy for us to remember. For example, at the moment, I know exactly 3 famous MJ moves: Ankle Breaker, Moonwalk and Walk (from You Rock My World). Maybe anybody knows some other motions?) :)

Here are some more:

- The Spin
- The Side Slide
- The Antigravity Lean
- The Robot Dance Move
- The Crotch Grab along with the Pelvic/Hip Thrust

There is also the 'Thriller' iconic dance moves but you need several other guys ('zombies') for that.
Awesome! I want more):D

The finger dance…

…as made famous in the short film for Remember the Time.

The ankle breaker.

And some from James Brown worth mentioning are The Mashed Potato, The Boogaloo, and The Funky Chicken.

Last edited:
Can anybody write a list of all (or at least of majority) MJ moves, please. I started to learn MJ' dance style with my friend. And we would like to properly define every motion, so it will be easy for us to remember. For example, at the moment, I know exactly 3 famous MJ moves: Ankle Breaker, Moonwalk and Walk (from You Rock My World). Maybe anybody knows some other motions?) :)
ankle breaker, james brown shuffle, moonwalk, sidewalk, airwalk, indian walk (hop step from tcau and wss), leg kick (straight version and side version), circle glide, billie jean shuffle, toe stand, multiple spins, crotch grab, yrmw walk (theres probably more but i cant find the names of all of them)

Back