Michael Jackson sought home advice from Donny Osmond

Dtwmjj

Proud Member
Michael-Donny-Osmond-michael-jackson-32301941-610-480.jpg

Michael Jackson used to call Donny Osmond and quiz him about his home life in an effort to learn the key to balancing his family and his career.

The Puppy Love hitmaker reveals the King of Pop would confide in him about his struggles with fame and would regularly ask for advice.

Osmond tells the New York Daily News, "I've been in show business for 50 years, and the secret is stability, and that is home. What my wife, Debbie Osmond, has created at home gives me a foundation so that I can go back out in this crazy world...

"Michael Jackson would call me once in a while and ask me, 'How do you live your home life?' Michael would always say, 'What's your home life like?' He never had that kind of stability.

"He tried. I knew Mike so well, and I would go over to his house. It was all about gold records, it was all about accolades.

"You walk into my home, you wouldn't find a gold record on the wall. You would find pictures of my kids, pictures of the grandkids. That is what home is all about. If you can keep your perspective there, your feet stay on the ground."

Osmond pays tribute to the late superstar nightly during his Las Vegas residency with his sister Marie.

http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsd...ving-balanced-life-from-pal-Donny-Osmond.html

I don't know maybe he's talking about earlier, during the J5 days/Encino, but on all the pictures and footage at NL I did not see gold records on the walls. But there are pics on the wall about Prince and Paris and the Jackson 5 and Michael himself as a kid (at around 3:27).

I am sickened watching this video of these swines searching MJ home. In his interview with Geraldo and in the book by Van Valin MJ said you wont see gold discs or anything pertaining to my music. He had it all in a separate building under lock andkey

You walk into my home, you wouldn't find a gold record on the wall.
… Maybe that’s also because he hasn’t had a gold record since the 70s?

Sorry! I don’t mean to be mean, I have nothing against the guy, it was just a little funny that he said that. :)

As for the topic, Michael would hardly be the only person who struggles with finding the right balance between family and work. I think it would be especially hard for him, because he worked so hard on his career for so long. But I think being a father and having a family made him very happy.

Thank for the contribution but I wouldn't even call this news. This is just an old rehashed comment from Donnie in 2009 nothing recent. Just a slow news day I guess. Moving to contro section for discussion. No need to clutter our news section with it.

Sunwalker7;3912174 said:
Maybe that’s also because he hasn’t had a gold record since the 70s?

Sorry! I don’t mean to be mean, I have nothing against the guy, it was just a little funny that he said that. :)

As for the topic, Michael would hardly be the only person who struggles with finding the right balance between family and work. I think it would be especially hard for him, because he worked so hard on his career for so long. But I think being a father and having a family made him very happy.

Oh no, you stole what I was going to say. If he had all the achievements maybe he would have them around. He has not been such a high achiever as Michael. Plus putting those records etc up has nothing to do with a good home life. I see a lot of people have a whole wall with all their certificates/degrees. Some have a whole wall with all their children/grandchildren degrees/certificates. This does not have negative impacts on family life. It is only bad if that is the only or main focus of family life and interaction. People like to give their quasi-expert opinions on things and when you look at what they are really saying, you see it does not make sense.

Plus it seems he is talking about J5 time as someone said, so since Michael's home life was the way it was, he was curious about finding out from people how their home life was. It is not that Donny had this over the top or best family situation ever.

Anyway glad he gives a shout out to Michael in his gig, although, I doubt Michael was so close to the Osmonds after the late 70s.

Donny Osmond likes to toot his own horn. He's been asked through the year's about his relationship with Michael Jackson, in different Interview's, for publicity. It's like come to my Show in Las Vegas, if you go to see "Michael Jackson's ONE"!
Michael-Jackson-One-300x224.jpg

Back