Michael Jackson's 'They Don’t Care About Us' Gains New Relevance

"Earth Song" has a great message, though I think groups like PETA take it too far. When I see some ridiculous ad that says "I'd rather go naked than wear fur", my immediate mental response is "OK, freeze then!" I know there's synthetic alternatives, but if I ever got into a situation where it was the animal's life or mine...I'd be the one left alive. Ultimately, animals are not worth more than people, when it comes to survival.

"Earth Song" has a great message, though I think groups like PETA take it too far. When I see some ridiculous ad that says "I'd rather go naked than wear fur", my immediate mental response is "OK, freeze then!" I know there's synthetic alternatives, but if I ever got into a situation where it was the animal's life or mine...I'd be the one left alive. Ultimately, animals are not worth more than people, when it comes to survival.

If you're in a survival situation, I agree but when animals are killed simply for fashion accessories that is too far IMO.

I far prefer animals to people.

I honestly haven't heard of any of those things, apart from the immigration restrictions...but then, I don't watch the news on a regular basis either. What I do know is that the countries involved in Trump's original restriction list all had a history of repeated violent conflict with the USA...regardless of motivation. It is the job of any President (at least in this country) to protect the legal citizens from any external threats...whether doing so makes the President popular or not.

You should look into it more then friend :)

When it comes to the Muslim ban, I just find it extremely flawed, lacking reason and at times, suspicious even. So President Trump banned travel from 7 countries (now down to 6) - Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen. You would expect that these aforementioned countries have a "history of repeated violent conflict within the USA", right? But that's actually not the case.

Since 1975 (42 years!), how many refugees/immigrants from these countries have committed terrorist attacks on US Soil in the last few decades? Zero.

No really! An analysis of terror done by the Cato Institute revealed that between 1975 and 2015, foreign nationals from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen killed exactly zero Americans on U.S. soil [source - further links inside source]. Additionally, a report released in January of this year showed that Muslim Americans with family backgrounds to those 7 countries have killed no Americans in the past 15 years.

Now in saying this, a January 2017 report by the Triangle Center on Terrorism and Homeland Security [Source] did find that of the Muslim Americans who were involved with violent extremist plots since 9/11, 23% of them had family backgrounds in Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen. However none of these plots resulted in a single American death.

The same report suggests that about 46 Muslim Americas in the entirety of the United States were associated with Violent Extremism in 2016. There are 3.3 million Muslims in the United States. That equates to a whopping 0.0014% of American Muslims.

What's this travel ban going to do exactly? The US hasn't really had any terrorists attacks from these countries in the past 42 years, and those who have already tried to do something have been thwarted successfully by already existing United States agencies/programmes. Honestly, it comes down to nothing but straight up fear mongering and I'd argue racism even, given it's one way to try and stop Muslim's entering the United States as Trump outlined in his campaign (see link on my previous post). I'd argue that this could further alienate those already alienated and possibly do harm.

What many find interesting and suspicious though is the fact that Trump never included Saudi Arabia, Egypt or the United Arab Emirates in the travel ban, where the 9/11 plane hijackers come from. It's raises many suspicions because these countries turned out to all have business relations with Donald Trump or his company. The 7 countries he proposed to ban? None of them had done business with the Trump Organisation [Source] so this has raised suspicions with a number of people.

Anyhow, I've been reading different sources while typing up this argument, and you'll find that some studies definition of terrorism varies a bit, but what is a common pattern is that Muslim American terrorists isn't so much of a problem to the United States.

So what should Trump do if he really wants to help curb threats to Americans? There are much bigger issues President Trump should be addressing. He should, for example, look into addressing the issue of school shooting. Since 2013, there have been 234 School Shootings in the United States alone [source]. Mass shootings are HUGE problem in the United States. As of August 21st 2017, there have been 237 mass shootings in the country this year alone. [Source] That is insane! We're only 232 days into the year so that's an average of 1.02 mass shootings EVERY DAY!! But who commits mass shootings in America? American citizens mostly. 64% of attacks are by whites, 16% by blacks, 9% by Asians, other races rounded out the study. Rather proportionate to their population percentage for Blacks and Whites. [Source - further research including last 2 years are inside links in article. Quite fascinating and in-depth by the looks of it!].

Last edited:
Timothy mcveigh. Ancestory irish scottish? Betting start banning them. Although amercia certainly has a history of sheltering Irish terrorists.

Re above the central park case is highly troubling even by U.S standards. Never heard about it until those involved gave interviews. Highly disturbing

I kept thinking of this thread last night... I was wishing I brought something to the Anti Trump Rally that I could have played the song!

^^

Yeah, the Jew me - part... antisemistic?? not at all... Some stupid people (only the press back then really..) wanted to interpret it the wrong and negative way...

They just tried to bring focus away from the theme of t he song. Luckily time has gotten the song back on track...
I see it the same way I see John Lennon's "Woman is the N*gger of the World" - intentionally using shocking language to draw attention to an issue. Not something I would do in a song I wrote, but MJ's intentions were genuine and not hateful.

Neither are they worth less.

Back