MJ and his hair

I'm sorry, but whats a weave?

This is probably way more than you wanted to know but here is Wiki's description of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_weave

The short explaination is that a weave is hair that is woven together with your natural hair.

The thing about weaves is that if they are done right it is almost impossible to tell them from natural hair when they are first done. The other thing is that as your natural hair grows out you can see the natural hair underneath the added hair so weaves need to be periodically tightened or redone.

Hey, is that where the slang 'tight' came from?

Last edited:
I had a post here but it mysterically disappeared:mello: As I said before, he looks good in whichever style he decides to wear....:)

vitiliago causes early greying of the hair, this could explain the wigs. But if my boy is going to wear a wig/weave, I prefer it shorter, like on MSG. This current one looks too feminine. But Michael has such a natural charm that he'd look good with a bag over his head.
Awww poor thing.:(
I liked the short curls the best though.:cool:

I miss the long curls I must admit. The Jheri curl was never my cup of tea. I like touchable hair.

I know his hair isn't naturally curly. His hair was nappy as hell when he was a kid. But proly putting all them chemicals in the 80s and what not in his hair made it look like he has great hair.

I beg to differ with you. Michael always had a pretty nice grade of hair. It wasn't the 'silky-smooth' grade; but it wasn't a bad grade either...and his hair grew like weeds. Remember those HUUUGE 'fros he and his brothers had in the 70's? His parents Katherine (especially) and Joe has a nice grade of hair, so does a number of his siblings including Reebie, Latoya and Janet.

Mikes hair is naturally very curly, but can be ultured very easily.. He has indian in his blood line and Indians tend to have oily and healthy hair (also the high defined cheek bones).. That is why much of his siblings have healthy hair.

Yes MJ's hair now is not natural, but when it was it was smooth.. I think my FAV hair, was Dangerous era. Like on the end of Black or white.. And th SuperBowl half time..

I miss when he would do his baby hairs on the side, blending with the sideburns.. AHH that was so tight.

Last edited:
This is probably way more than you wanted to know but here is Wiki's description of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_weave

The short explaination is that a weave is hair that is woven together with your natural hair.

The thing about weaves is that if they are done right it is almost impossible to tell them from natural hair when they are first done. The other thing is that as your natural hair grows out you can see the natural hair underneath the added hair so weaves need to be periodically tightened or redone.

Ooh, okay! Thank you! :)
I never seem to remember that I can google things, but I'll remember it next time:D

My this thread is cracking me up something serious! :rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin:

Doesn't it? I vote "oh no. my knowledge came from dictionary.com" as the quote of the day. :lol: It ought to make Mria feel right at home in here.:lol:

Doesn't it? I vote "oh no. my knowledge came from dictionary.com" as the quote of the day. :lol: It ought to make Mria feel right at home in here.:lol:

So true! Count my vote too! What's funny is the way its said with such pride. I also enjoyed the wiki's link and all for a weave :rollin::rollin::rollin:

Maaan! :eek:

Y'all are trippin me out here... okay no talking about Mike's kids, health, finances but his his ruuts .... no problem! :lol: is nothing sacred!?!

Now we're broadcasting his hair tips for all the world..

maaaan I'm like... whateverrrr about his hair

okay...I'm no fun I'm leaving now :lol:

runs out of thread>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
Back