MJ's paternal ancestry was French, not American Indian

Kanye East

Proud Member

A direct paternal descendant of Michael Jackson's great-grandfather Israel/Nero Jackson has tested his Y-DNA and he belongs to haplogroub R1b-U152 > L2 > Z258 > Z367 > L20 > BY203086 > FT121435 > FT121274. This is a Western European haplogroup, and matches with Richburg men descended from the Huguenot (French Protestant) Claude Philippe de Richbourg.

Woah, French, you say? I read in fan forums years ago that Michael might have had some Irish ancestry - I wonder if there’s a source behind that?

But he certainly did have Native American ancestry from both father’s and mother’s side (Katherine has Cherokee blood, Joe - I think - had Blackfoot ancestry).

Last edited:
I always hope our family line would go back to the early homo sapiens but that’s unlikely I guess. Though it would explain my rugged nature and speech deficiency.

I added the family tree to the Wikipedia page. Are we saying we can add further names?

There is no evidence that backs up the speculation of mj’s Native American ancestry. I’m not saying its false but there is no evidence. It has been proved that mj’s paternal line goes back to French Huguenots

Back