Monkey Business = Potentially one of the greatest songs from the Dangerous Era?

Like I said in another thread I am 100% sure the voice box you hear in this version is Teddy Riley!!
Yes, I believe so too! wasn’t there a piece of paper whee it said something along the lines of “Monkey Business Teddy overdubs?” Or am I misremembering?

Last edited:
I really do like Monkey Business but I don't see the hype when we [as fans] say this should've made the album
The version that got released on TUC has absolutely no place on Dangerous, but this version? I’d go as far to say that’s better than most Teddy Riley songs, with the exception of In The Closet.

I really do like Monkey Business but I don't see the hype when we [as fans] say this should've made the album
Agreed. The song is fine but even with the leaked mix it isn't anything groundbreaking imo. If we're gonna talk Dangerous outtakes though, then Ghost Of Another Lover is the greatest loss that album had because the song has the best groove compared to a lot of MJ songs.

From what I understand, the song was finished during the Dangerous sessions but it never received a propper mixdown.

The Estate could ask Bill to mix this song while he is still alive.

Nah, they will ask Timbaland to delete all music and just keep vocals for a new posthumous album.

Nah, let’s give to stargate so they can repurpose it by drastically altering the song and sample old MJ songs.
After so much fan appreciation, we've decided to bring back Bryan Loren to finish a song from the era he's done the most successful work in. And, we've called up two successful avatars of the hip-hop mainstream: Fats, and Pitbull. We know the fans are going to love this.

Nah, let’s give to stargate so they can repurpose it by drastically altering the song and sample old MJ songs.
Not too much on Stargate. I still kinda groove with that weird America-less America cover version. The original is way better, for sure. But you know.

Not too much on Stargate. I still kinda groove with that weird America-less America cover version. The original is way better, for sure. But you know.
Lol, to be honest with you, I think I’ve listened to that “contemporization” of the song three times tops. I will never sanction that kind of buffoonery.

I like Stargate’s other stuff with other artists tho.

I'd give Monkey Business to kai.

prepare 4 a massive banger.

Lol, to be honest with you, I think I’ve listened to that “contemporization” of the song three times tops. I will never sanction that kind of buffoonery.

I like Stargate’s other stuff with other artists tho.
A true collaboration would've been interesting for sure.

Yeah since I watched that video I've been wanting the version they are listening to in it lol.

I think pretty much all the extra bells and whistles in the version in that footage are in the version that’s on TUC. It sounds like they’ve just muted/unmuted/sampled/looped elements in different parts whilst they’re jamming along. As such though, it does mean that version can kinda be reconstructed from what we have. Here’s my attempt:

I think pretty much all the extra bells and whistles in the version in that footage are in the version that’s on TUC. It sounds like they’ve just muted/unmuted/sampled/looped elements in different parts whilst they’re jamming along. As such though, it does mean that version can kinda be reconstructed from what we have. Here’s my attempt:
YOOOO! This is mad!!!! I was grooving like crazy!

That's awesome man

This is brilliant cheers mate

It has so much energy and life in it now, it injects a real bounce that is missing on the TUC version

The whole vibe of this reminds me very much of Marvin Gaye for some reason.

Back