Much too soon songmeaning?

filmandmusic

Proud Member
What’s the background to these lyrics? What does it mean to say “ I learned my lesson much too soon”.
Is it a song about heartbreak or is there more to it?

Finally the version with just a guitar and Michael’s voice is a lot more atmospheric than the one that ended op on Michael, right?
It doesn’t sound like a demo to me, I think it was a finished track, it didn’t need a new coat in 2010.

This is one of my favorite posthomus-released songs.

It's so great.

Written by Michael in 1981 and recorded during the HIStory sessions, the folk ballad’s lyrics deal with unhappy love and narrate the story of a man who wishes to resume his relationship with his former lover, who wants the opposite. Though hopeful in his conquest, he also expresses his acknowledgement that they might never get back together. - According to https://genius.com/Michael-jackson-much-too-soon-lyrics

I also prefer the version with just the guitar, though in a thread that I made about versions of this song somewhere, people claimed that this version is made from a multitrack or so. I though it was a demo. The version with the guitar only doesn't seem like it could be a finished product because it contains quite long silence that seems out of place (too long)... Though, it's still the version I prefer.

I also prefer the version with just the guitar, though in a thread that I made about versions of this song somewhere, people claimed that this version is made from a multitrack or so. I though it was a demo. The version with the guitar only doesn't seem like it could be a finished product because it contains quite long silence that seems out of place (too long)... Though, it's still the version I prefer.
Hmm “ be not always” on the victory album contains an even longer silence. I guess it is not unusual.

Hmm “ be not always” on the victory album contains an even longer silence. I guess it is not unusual.
My mistake: The very long silence I was referring to is not in the guitar-only version but in the "a cappella" version* and it's over 20 second long.

(* Wich, as for the guitar-only version, I don't think is anything official.)

I thought you meant the very short break when the guitar melody starts from scratch again halfway the song in the demo

20 secs surely is excessive lol

I meant the break that results from removing the guitar solo since it's an "a capella".

(I write "removing" as a very general idea, I have no idea if they are multitracks or if the "a capella" was mad from the "guitar-only version" or yet otherwise.)

Back