New Slach-IV about working with Michael Jackson

Annita

Proud Member

Slash talks Michael Jackson in new interview​

ByAdmin Team
July 26, 2023

We all know that Slash has nothing but good things to say about Michael Jackson. So when Comingsoon.net interviewed him about his work for the horror movie The Breach and asked questions about his collaboration with Michael Jackson, Slash answered with honesty and positivity.
Here what he said about working with the King of Pop:
“Mike just does his thing and he does it so incredibly well. I mean, he just exudes … it just comes out of him and he just let me do my thing. So I just did what came natural to me and he just let me have the floor — that was basically it. There wasn’t, again, a lot of forethought. When I did “Give in to Me,” I went down to the studio [and] met up with Michael for like 15 minutes. He went to dinner, and I worked with the producer, and I just put guitars on the thing and left. Then Michael heard it, and I got a call back the next day. “Loves it. It’s great.” So it wasn’t what you’d call “true” collaborating, it was just like, “Slash do your thing on this.” [Laughs]. That kind of deal.”
He added: “It evolved into a lot of live performances and stuff during that period in the 90s. I guess he sort of related to what he thought my trip was all about and just let me do my thing. So it was great for me because I loved working with Michael because he’s such a phenomenal talent, and I would’ve been probably not into it if he tried to get me to conform to some other person or style or whatever, and it probably would’ve never have happened.”
You can watch the full interview here:

This type of synergy was so great. Truly a peak collaboration.

MJ actually needed this type of synergy with Hip-hop and rap. A rapper with as much flair who vibed with him. Biggie was that guy. Tragically that ended too soon.

Back