On 'One More Chance' video

monochrome

Proud Member
Since everyone started talking about the OMC video again, even speculation that it'll be part of the upcoming dvd set or even used as material for new single. I was trying to get some information about that production from back in the day. The most detailed I could find is this:
--------
12th October 2003
One More Chance - CBS Performance and Video
As previously reported by MJNI, Michael Jackson is likely to participate in a CBS television special in the USA to coincide with the release of the Number Ones greatest hits album.

As well as featuring archive footage from Michael's career, the CBS special will also feature a brand new live performance, recorded in a studio especially for the show.

Michael Jackson's spokespeople have now confirmed to MJNI that the plan is for Michael to perform the new single, One More Chance on the show. The idea is that the CBS performance will be used as the video to promote the single.

This is all subject to contractual confirmations but is the working plan at this stage in time.

With radio airplay and a performance video to promote it, the single is expected to do well in the charts, particularly in the UK and Europe - where commercially released.
source: http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/newsaug-oct03.html
------------
OK. Besides that it was to be tapedd at the CMX Sports and Entertainment Studio, Las Vegas I couldn't find anything about the director. Who knows more? From this forum I know that there's been talk about "side shots" of Michael being done, while "front shots" were supposed for the day on which Michael returned to California to hand himself over. The unnamed director apparently said that in an interview...

More more thing: I remember, long time ago, hearing something about a cameo of a model being Michael's match or date. I think I even saw a picture of her. But I can't find the site anymore.

If anyone has anything to add, go ahead.

We should sue Tom Sneddon, Santa Barbara County, and the state of California for depriving us of this wonderful television special which was never to be thanks to all of them!!!!!

^^^

Yeah. Tom Sneddon is a cold man!

^^We the fans can't do that....but I think the estate should for pain & suffering, abuse of power, and conspiracy. He's just as blame for Michael's death as Murray IMO. Sneddon started the downfall.

^^^

I agree. Tom Sneddon was the man who made MJ suffer for so many years.

We should sue Tom Sneddon, Santa Barbara County, and the state of California for depriving us of this wonderful television special which was never to be thanks to all of them!!!!!

I know! so many years wasted because of this man, there are real criminals on the loose and he was stuck on trying to put Michael behind bars with no proof of any wrong doing. :(

^^^ Yes AND this man is a criminal himself for creating AND using false evidence in a criminal case.

I wonder if what MJ said in DS is right.......if Sneddon brothered with the KKK? The way he acted in office, wouldn't surprise me a bit

^^We the fans can't do that....but I think the estate should for pain & suffering, abuse of power, and conspiracy. He's just as blame for Michael's death as Murray IMO. Sneddon started the downfall.

As much as i wish the estate would do it but i doubt they would .

I so agree with you guys. Whenever I think about those pictures that I had seen from the OMC video. And seen just how gorgeous Michael had looked. Just makes me all the more angrier at what Tom Sneddon did to my Michael. That special sounded so good.

I've been so desperate to see this video for ages now.

I think I'm equally as excited about the OMC video as I am at the prospect of hearing new material. It's been so long since we've seen a music video from Michael. I really can't wait.

I can't wait either and when I do see the Video,I'll start crying allover again because to me that was his last Video. I would also want to see the full length version of YRMW again. And I also wished that if MJ didn't have that trial, maybe he would have been in Rush Hour 3.

I don't really understand how this is going to work. The director said that all they managed to shoot were scenes from behind.... are they even going to be able to put something decent together with the footage they have?

One More Chance - CBS Performance and Video
As previously reported by MJNI, Michael Jackson is likely to participate in a CBS television special in the USA to coincide with the release of the Number Ones greatest hits album.

As well as featuring archive footage from Michael's career, the CBS special will also feature a brand new live performance, recorded in a studio especially for the show.

Michael Jackson's spokespeople have now confirmed to MJNI that the plan is for Michael to perform the new single, One More Chance on the show. The idea is that the CBS performance will be used as the video to promote the single.
So is this talking about the video itself or someone else?

I wonder if what MJ said in DS is right.......if Sneddon brothered with the KKK? The way he acted in office, wouldn't surprise me a bit
This is an interesting issue, since Katherine also mentioned that..? That Sneddon's son was in the//affiliated with the KKK or something..?

The 'One More Chance' music video was planned to be broadcast at the end of the CBS TV Special, and then to be distributed to other TV channels around the world.

The CBS TV Special was actually an obligation that Michael Jackson had to fulfil to that channel.

So the singer's camp thought that it would be a wise idea to combine the fulfilment of that obligation with a brand new music video.

The 'One More Chance' music video was planned to be broadcast at the end of the CBS TV Special, and then to be distributed to other TV channels around the world.

The CBS TV Special was actually an obligation that Michael Jackson had to fulfil to that channel.

So the singer's camp thought that it would be a wise idea to combine the fulfilment of that obligation with a brand new music video.
Smh then we only get half the video shot...

Smh then we only get half the video shot
About a week ago I emailed the director Nick Brandt asking some questions about the music video. Now that this topic has come up I feel I should share his response:
“This was only half a video that should never have been released. We shot only the back of him on day one, and then that night he was arrested and we had to cut together what we had from one day of shooting”
He also clarified for me that they shot the music video on 35mm film, not videotape which means there is a chance (although very small) that the music video for One More Chance could be rescanned and remastered in 4K (Like Thriller and Beat It), but considering the music video wasn’t ever finished I doubt this will happen.

About a week ago I emailed the director Nick Brandt asking some questions about the music video. Now that this topic has come up I feel I should share his response:
“This was only half a video that should never have been released. We shot only the back of him on day one, and then that night he was arrested and we had to cut together what we had from one day of shooting”
He also clarified for me that they shot the music video on 35mm film, not videotape which means there is a chance (although very small) that the music video for One More Chance could be rescanned and remastered in 4K (Like Thriller and Beat It), but considering the music video wasn’t ever finished I doubt this will happen.
That's the saddest thing to read!!! GUIDEDAMN IT WHY DID ALL THAT HAVE TO HAPPEN TO HIM....IT PISSES ME OFF SOMETIME JUST SITTING BACK THINKING ABOUT ALL OF IT AS I WATCH HIM ON MY TV RIGHT NOW!

Why would they had to cut stuff together if it wasn't supposed to be released..?

Back