Morphine19772014

Proud Member
Centralisation :

$(KGrHqR,!pIFHHmT!rgjBRy,e65wJQ~~60_57.JPG

:smilerolleyes:

Morphine19772014;4014 said:
683890HistoryWorldTour1997Paris.jpg

:smilerolleyes:

Hi there thanks for the pics. I happen to live in France so I can understand this article. Thanks, I'm not an expert like some people here so there are many MJ related stuff I have not heard or read. The person who wrote this article did not like the show to say the least. As you guys know thanks to the ticket picture, Parc Des Princes is the name of the stadium. The caption under the picture means "A full Parc for an empty show. Jackson might become again the artist he no longer is one day ."

At the beginning, this article quotes a 50-year-old lady who says "this show is downright fascist". The journalist explains the way she feels by saying that a lot of people did not understand the presence of dancers dressed like they were death squads. Then the article says that the show relied on playback a lot and was a 1992 show deja vu. Damn, I had never read an article about the history tour, the article gives examples of deja vu moments. I'm not gonna try to explain that part because the journalist sounds like he believes MJ is guilty at one point and it'll feel like I'm saying what the article says. But I'm sure the other French-speaking fans here will translate the parts you want translated.

Anyway, on the far right, "du côté des affaires" means um, business wise. In this part, we find out a Brazilian family wants 10 millions dollars. The family of Marco De Palma says their son, who's now disabled (when the article was written), was knocked over in Sao Paulo four years ago by a van in which Michael was. Then it says that at the beginning, according to the family, Michael allegedly visited Marco at the hospital and promised to give the family 20 millions dollars. But all Marco allegedly received was a little car. Michael claimed he was not in the van but the family did not give up. The journalist gives an explanation for the family's determination: the 1993 trial ended with a 60 million francs out-of-court settlement. Ok, the other French members out there can translate the rest.

Last edited:
Word Smith Sr;4014882 said:
Hi there thanks for the pics. I happen to live in France so I can understand this article. Thanks, I'm not an expert like some people here so there are many MJ related stuff I have not heard or read. The person who wrote this article did not like the show to say the least. As you guys know thanks to the ticket picture, Parc Des Princes is the name of the stadium. The caption under the picture means "A full Parc for an empty show. Jackson might become again the artist he no longer is one day ."

At the beginning, this article quotes a 50-year-old lady who says "this show is downright fascist". The journalist explains the way she feels by saying that a lot of people did not understand the presence of dancers dressed like they were death squads. Then the article says that the show relied on playback a lot and was a 1992 show deja vu. Damn, I had never read an article about the history tour, the article gives examples of deja vu moments. I'm not gonna try to explain that part because the journalist sounds like he believes MJ is guilty at one point and it'll feel like I'm saying what the article says. But I'm sure the other French-speaking fans here will translate the parts you want translated.

Anyway, on the far right, "du côté des affaires" means um, business wise. In this part, we find out a Brazilian family wants 10 millions dollars. The family of Marco De Palma says their son, who's now disabled, was knocked over in Sao Paulo four years ago by a van in which Michael was. Then it says that at the beginning, according to the family, Michael allegedly visited Marco at the hospital and promised to give the family 20 millions dollars. But all Marco allegedly received was a little car. Michael claimed he was not in the car but the family did not give up. The journalist gives an explanation for the family's determination: the 1993 trial ended with a 60 million francs out-of-court settlement. Ok, the other French members out there can translate the rest.

Fascists and death squads???? I'm not familiar with how he was viewed in Europe back then. Is that what the media was largely saying about him back then in France, etc.?

I'm curious to learn about this demand for settlement for being run over. Could it be they were standing in front of the vehicle? Duh. I've seen some of those fools chasing his cars down the street, hanging onto the door handles, etc. That's their fault if they fall under the tire.:unsure:

Fascists and death squads???? I'm not familiar with how he was viewed in Europe back then. Is that what the media was largely saying about him back then in France, etc.?

I'm curious to learn about this demand for settlement for being run over. Could it be they were standing in front of the vehicle? Duh. I've seen some of those fools chasing his cars down the street, hanging onto the door handles, etc. That's their fault if they fall under the tire.:unsure:

I dunno how he was viewed back then I'm sorry. I was born in 87. As for the death squad facist thing, I read a French biography according to which the video um. Remember his video in which a statue is being unveiled ? I love this video. Well according to this biography, it reminded certain people bad times in history. My memory sucks so I cannot elaborate but yeah, the author said that Michael made a mistake. He did not say it was intentional. I'm not gonna say what book it was because I do not advertise for free. What ?!! Pfff.

Oh by the way, I'm very sorry I wrote "Michael claimed he was not in the car". I meant to write "van" instead of "car". :)

Back